Dr. Colbert L Wang Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Colbert L Wang?

very good and caring doctor

He treated my late wife for major depression. He was exceptionally caring and insightful. She trusted him and he did not fail her. Seeing him was a high point of her life. He dealt with us as a couple as well, integrating me into her therapy and helped me a great deal. He is exceptionally good with children, having a lot of patience and grace and they feel comfortable with him and open as I and my wife did.

no title, just me

My first appointment was cancelled two days before so I was not happy about that. I have had three appointments since then and I can say that I find Dr. Wang to be excellent. I am a lot better off than I was 2 months ago. There were a lot of things I did not understand and he takes the time to explain things.

CrazyViolinist

Dr. Wang is very intelligent and is a lifesaver. I have complete confidence in him. This is the only doctor I will ever go to again. Thank you DR. Wang!!!!

Was bad; now worse

In the past you should have expected at least a half-hour wait to see Wang. Now, 1-2 hour waits are the norm. Here are just a few indications of the man's incompetence: I have gone to the pharmacy to find that I've been prescribed two new drugs that I have never heard of, and which Dr. Wang had never mentioned. One of them was a dialysis drug; I am not presently undergoing, nor have I ever undergone dialysis. There have been so many times where he has miswritten my prescriptions that I now have to go over them with him after every appointment. He refuses to refill your prescriptions if you miss an appointment—which, by the way, I have had to do before, thanks to the FOUR HOUR wait time I had to endure (not everyone can afford to skip out on a full half of their workday). The infamous "brain zaps" of anti-depressant withdrawal that I had to go through because of this man's refusal to refill my prescriptions would easily constitute medical negligence. Then there's the staff: the two ladies who worked for him when I last saw him a couple of months ago were no more competent than their boss, but they were far, far more rude. Plus, they often went entire days without picking up the phone, and on one occasion I had to get off work an hour early to drive all the way across town and make an appointment in PERSON because of this (and surprise, surprise, there they were ignoring other people's calls as well). On the occasions when they did pick up the phones, they'd say they'd call me back but never did. It goes without saying that I eventually had it with this behavior and got another psychiatrist. She's been wonderful and attentive and I haven't looked back. I hope you find a good psychiatrist, too; Dr. Wang isn't it.

Truly wonderful doctor

Dr. Wang gave me the first helpful advice I have had in five years. He is understanding and always puts in enough time in the appointments to give you the best possible care. Because of this, his appointments often run late, but it is well worth the wait if you want the best treatment. His office is very attractive and located in a nice area. Dr. Wang is intelligent and caring with much respect for his patients. I highly recommend Dr. Wang to anyone seeking the best care.

Caring Physician

After seeing two area psychiatrists who diagnosed me after seeing me for 15 minutes then dismissed me, Dr. Wang listened, answered my questions in a caring knowledgable way and put me at ease. I have every confidence that he is up to date and giving me the best possible care. I have waited for years to get better.

Dangerously incompetent

Dr prescribed meds that were contraindicated due to interactions and allergies--thankfully the error was flagged by my pharmacy. When I reminded him that I'd had a bad reaction in the past to two of the drugs he'd prescribed (I was hospitalized for anaphylactic shock, and had a seizure while taking the other) he became very nasty and said I shouldn't take the word of the pharmacist over him, and he refused to treat me if I was going to continue to be "non-compliant." I got a second opinion from another physician, who confirmed that taking those meds would have been harmful to me, if not fatal.

patient

I saw two area psychiatrists. Both spent less than 15 minutes with me. I did not receive any help from them. I was referred to Dr. Wang and told he was the best in this area. He took the time to listen to me and told me, I want to work with people who want to work to get better". I do and I am. For the first time in years I am getting out and being involved in life. Finally!!! Be prepared to wait...I waited for an hour the firat visit. Well worth it!

Extremely Unprofessional

Dr. Wang is knowledgeable, but extremely unprofessional. He is consistently late with his appointments, several times called in the wrong prescription for my grandmother with Alzheimer's, and once over Christmas when she missed an appointment due to illness, he would not fill her medications until she came back in, the problem was his office closed for 2 weeks over Christmas, and she ran out of her medications. I informed his staff of this, and they said that was her problem for missing her scheduled appointment. We have found a new psychiatrist, and I sent him an email thanking him for his help, and received this response: "You are ungrateful for all the incredible progress. Go ahead do what you want young foolish girl. The care here is incomparable. (Grandmother) knows that. You are not that wise." I feel this response from Dr. Wang sums up his professionalism. I am extremely disappointed that a (supposed) medical professional would act this way, and do not recommend him at all.

the Doc is very caring and knowledgeable on many subjects. Takes his time with you and explains everything very well.

Dr. Wang is well meaning, but due to being over medicated, I lost approx. 3 years of my life. I now have amnesia regarding those years. I finlly went to Burrell and the doctor got me off a lot of the meds. I still need meds for my Bi-Polar, but I am now creating new memories.

Highly RECOMENDED

I have been seeing Dr. Wang for 8 years and have never been disappointed, I have anxiety and depresion problems, and could barely leave my home, now I am a happy, healthy funtioning person. I know I would not be without the help and encouragement of Dr. Wang

Dr. Colbert L Wang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Missoula, MT.