Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Primla F Din has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 1 of 1
I went to Dr. Primla for help with insomnia and depression. She cut me off every time I tried to speak and would yell over me when I tried to go on. She called me a "drug seeker" which was completely untrue as I went to her to get off of my current sleeping medications. I also suffer from severe depression which she didn't want to hear anything about. She didn't even ask me about it, but summed it up that I was "feeling sorry for myself". I have suffered from depression for many years and just recently got the courage to ask for help treating it, and she instead made rude comments about it. When she asked how my appetite was, I said it was pretty good and her response was to chuckle and say "I can tell!". Mind you, I am not overweight. Overall, she rushed me and yelled at me to the point where I cried during the appointment but she did not even notice. Do not go to her unless you want to be berated and humiliated.
Dr. Din is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Primla F Din accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSaint Francis Behavioral Health Group Pc, 675 Tower Ave Ste 301, Hartford, CT
Dr. Primla F Din is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hartford, CT.