Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Prithvi N Shankar has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 34
Dr. Shankar has been my primary physician for many years. He has been one of the best doctors I have ever dealt with. He has a vast amount of knowledge, a very good bedside manner, (when I am talking with him I feel has all the time needed to answer questions and offer advice), and refers me to very good doctors.
I think his bed side manner is In need of improvement. When he leaves on vacation, he asked Dr. Dias to take on his patients, this doctor has no business in practice. Rude and thinks his opinion is the only one that counts. Both of these doctors see my mother and declared her to be in good health, two weeks later she passed and Dr. Shankar did not even have the curtesy or courage to call. I dropped him as my family Doctor immediately .
19 Years Experience
American University Of The Caribbean School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
West Houston Medical Center
Dr. Prithvi N Shankar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPaula Tremayne Do A Professional Medical Corp, 400 E Orangeburg Ave Ste 3, Modesto, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Prithvi N Shankar in this video.
Dr. Prithvi N Shankar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Modesto, CA.