Dr. Prithwijit Basu Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Prithwijit Basu?

an amazing doctor

Posted on October 26th, 2016

AMAZING doctor. I consider myself very lucky to be referred to him. Without Dr.Basu the treatment i received would be very depressing, he does know the approach to make it easy and stress free. Intelligent, knowledgeable and incredibly kind. I think of him often even after the treatment was done.

Posted on March 23rd, 2016

very good Doctor, one of the best Doctors yet ,he makes sure everything is well taken care of. I was going for my liver hemangioma, and was always anemic due to a problem I had In my intestine he took care of it all.... I am so happy I've met this doctor

Posted on May 16th, 2015

None human being should ever considered seing this dr. Schedules unnecessary tests rather than the one patient is asking for, he look a me assume that I was a diabetic I said ian not and I never been diabetic and he said " not jet" just by looking at me I tr to splain why I was there and he care less seing like he wasn't listen he spent less than 5 minutes standing in front of me and it was over. He scheduled me for a test and I hav to call to confirm the appointment and then they cancelled because he was not available he did that 3 consecutives time then I dec no to bother to call again and they no even notice that I nev went back. Do yourself a favor do not put your Heath in dr basu 's hands

very bad experience

Posted on January 29th, 2015

Had to pay lot of money out of pocket to insurance because of unneccessary tests ordered. Never spends time with patients.very sad. rude and arrogant behavior.

Avoid at all costs

Posted on June 7th, 2014

The most outrageous thing about this practitioner is that the only thing that seemed to interest him was asking the put-down question: "Where did you come from?". "Born in the USA" did not seem to satisfy him; I left before he could start on my grandparents. KEEP AWAY from this guy.

Bad Experience Several times

Posted on February 7th, 2014

I would not go to this doctor again, he rushes, doesn't pay attention to what patient has to say, and his intern (bald and dark Indian guy ) is extremely rude and disrespectful. Schedules unnecessary tests rather than the one patient is asking for.

dissatisfied

Posted on September 27th, 2013

Dr. Basu rushes you out of the office. He spends no time with you, doesn't listen (he NEVER takes notes evn with a new patient) and doesn't even answer questions. I saw him twice and was appalled at the lack of professionalism/

Dr. Basu is very good at multi- tasking, and on that, I'd give him an A+, but otherwise, a D-

Posted on May 26th, 2013

I've seen Dr. Basu a few times, mostly because he is located near my home but I really should not have seen him after the first experience. First of all, as mentioned earlier, he doesn't spend any significant time with any one patient- he just goes flitting from room to room, affording each patient but a few minutes of time and he's very good at giving the blue paper upon which he schedules tests in his office, I.e., ultrasound of lower extremities, kidney, abdomen, etc. however, when you return for a second visit, he doesn't even bother to check to see whether or not you've already had those very same tests- he just scribbles on that blue piece of paper, duplicating those same tests again, and when questioned about this, he simply shrugs it off. I was scheduled for 3 sonograms of my pelvic area! In addition, when he sent me for a referral to a nephrologist due to high creatinine levels, he didn't even bother to look at the most recent blood test which he had ordered. He only based his diagnosis on a test I had some 5 months previously...and when I asked him for a referral for a stand- up MRI, something which he doesn't do in his office (e.g., he won't be getting any money out of it), he said he would refer me in 6 months!!! Moreover, my friend's mom came in due to high cholesterol and wanted a blood test but when she got the results, he had ordered every test but... Yes, he is highly credentialed and may have actually been a caring, competent physician at one time, but certainly not now. I found a much better internist and am glad I did.

Very unprofessional

Posted on February 17th, 2013

I waited 3 1/2 hours for an endoscopy, a procedure that only took 30 minutes! Dr. Basu never spoke to me once. His internist or nurse spoke to me, but wasn't sure of many of my questions. Dr. Basu, seems knowledgeable but he gets distracted very easily. He was dealing longer with managerial issues than with his patients. He tries to do everything and ends up doing nothing. He spends time chatting nonsense with his staff, rather than finishing up with one patient. I was very disappointed I wanted to like him because he's so close to my home but I'll keep looking.

Poor scheduling

Posted on August 1st, 2012

Waited four hours for colonoscopy! Would have left except I had done all the preparation. He's FIRED!

Posted on April 1st, 2012

if you care about your health i suggest you go elsewhere, i am still suffering from his incompetence for many years now.

Not Courteous

Posted on January 17th, 2012

Dr. Basu is a smart guy, but not very courteous, both to his staff and his patients. He is very unprofessional and talks with a very smug attitude. He spends maybe 1 minute with the patient; he's always in a rush and lets his interns do all the explaining. He also loves performing unnecessary tests and scheduling follow-up visits. I am changing my PCP.