Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Priya M Damaraju has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Showing 5 of 14
I had 2 appointments with Dr. Damaraju. I waited over an hour past my scheduled appointment time for both appointments. For the second appointment, the waiting room was so crowded, I had to sit on the floor in the waiting room after I gave up my chair for an elderly woman (the office staff did not make any effort to find a seat for her even after she advised them that the waiting room was full). Because I have fibromyalgia I am in constant pain, and sitting on the floor was very uncomfortable. In the end, Dr. Damaraju's advice to me to deal with the chronic fibromyalgia pain was to take a walk every day. I will not be returning for any follow-up appointments.
Dr. Damaraju is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Priya M Damaraju accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorthwest Kidney Consultants, 1710 N Randall Rd Ste 330, Elgin, IL
Dr. Priya M Damaraju is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elgin, IL.