Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Punya K Raman has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Punya K Raman has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Punya K Raman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
The front desk staff knows how to harass in the name of office policy. This office makes it so difficult to make appointments that you would wonder if they are really in the business of caring. Ridiculous Policy No.1 - Even if you have all the pertinent details, you can not make appointment if you don't have your physical insurance card in your hand. So, regardless of the urgency, need of prescription, this office will delay the care you need for some trivial requirement. Ridiculous Policy No.2 - If your PCP is someone else, you can not make appointment here. You will need to call your insurance, have the PCP changed, get the name of the person you talk to and the reference number. PCP needs to be changed and in effect at your insurance provider's record before an appointment is made. This is regardless of how proactive you are in making sure that this doctor is in your network. I have never seen a doctor or office so stuck with the financials and billing that they forget to realize what business they are in. Being with the health care industry myself for 10 years, it infuriates me that we have such doctors who would enforce random policies only to disregard their primary duty.
Dr. Raman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
United Regional Health Care Center
Dr. Punya K Raman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsArizona Vista Family Medicine, 875 N Greenfield Rd Ste 101, Gilbert, AZ
Dr. Punya K Raman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gilbert, AZ.