Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Puran P Mathur has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.<br>Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Puran P Mathur has the following 7 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Showing 5 of 6
Excellent care and interaction
Self-verified patient of Dr. Puran P Mathur - Posted on February 24th, 2018
Ignorant and refuses to take input from patient or other doctors
Self-verified patient of Dr. Puran P Mathur - Posted on January 12th, 2017
I saw this doctor at Holy Cross for a serious medical issue. He refused to take it seriously or order the required diagnostic. Even when another doctor recommended it. I eventually got the test which confirmed the other doctor's concern. Worst of all, for this useless obstructionist treatment I was billed a lot, and I didn't get the bill until FOUR MONTHS later. More like a surprise bill at that point.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Puran P Mathur - Posted on September 25th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Puran P Mathur - Posted on July 15th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Puran P Mathur - Posted on November 12th, 2013
Dr. Puran P Mathur Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
Locations & DirectionsLUNG DOCTORS, 2401 Research Blvd Ste 350, Rockville, MD
Dr. Puran P Mathur is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Rockville, MD.