Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Purba Biswas has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Purba Biswas has the following 8 expertise
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
Dr. Purba Biswas has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Purba Biswas is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
Referred to Dr Biswas as a new patient, after suspicious lab readings through my PCM. Ordered up ultrasound and additional, extensive lab samples. Did not rush to give me medication, explaining everything she recommended. I do have Stage 3 Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) which I never knew prior to my lab results. Follow-on consultation was spot-on, carefully answering all my prepared questions. Also attended the "Kidney Smart" workshop at the Wellness Depot inside the Sierra Vista mall which is an excellent, free educational program (information posted in her office about this monthly community event), validating 100% of what she told me. I have zero reservations endorsing her for others to use.
She doesn't pull any punches. If you want it sugar coated go somewhere else. I think she wants you to know everything that is wrong with you. I have asked a lot of questions about diet and life style change and she has answered them all. We discussed many options with my kidney failure. So far things are getting better with her advise.
Cook County Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsPurba Biswas Md, 1840 Paseo San Luis, Sierra Vista, AZ
Dr. Purba Biswas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sierra Vista, AZ.