Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Pushpa D Agarwal has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Pushpa D Agarwal has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Adolescent Medicine
Showing 5 of 14
Dr Agarwal is by far the worst doctor I have ever met. She miss diagnosed my daughter. My doctor was 17 months old and not even crawling every time I brought it up to her she dismissed it. I noticed something was wrong with my doctors eyes. When brought up to the doctor she ignored my concern and claimed my baby just had a big nose. Would not give me a referral for an eye doctor. After visiting several other doctors I come to find out my daughter had a syndrome that dr Agarwal had known about and never once discussed with me. When asked for my daughters records so I could leave the office they gave me major problems and refused to give me the records. For you and your child's sake I recommend you stay as far away from this doctor as possible!!!
Dr Arguwal is just going through the motions, my childs lead level was high (1 point below dangerous) when he was under a 1yr old... she never mentioned this during our visits. I only found out when my child had his next lead test (the following year) and was called by the Dept of Public Health (DPH)!! When I called office I was told "My landlord is in trouble, I could sue!" (I said) I own my own house & I'm worried about my child, is there something I can do to help him? I was told to clean the windowsills & vacuum ?!?!?! I called DPH back & she urged me to call Dr Arguwal & ask for iron to get the lead out of his blood. I called back & was told they would bring the record to the Dr & get back to me, 2 days later the iron was @ my pharmacy. It's been over 6 months & 2 blood tests & my child is still on iron - I have NEVER heard from the DR!! The DPH sends me letters saying they are sending a reminder to the Dr that my child needs to be tested again, the Dr's office in turn mails me a blood test form & I go to hospital to have it done. I then get a message on my machine that says keep giving iron???? I'd appreciate a conversation of what these blood tests mean?? THANK GOODNESS FOR DPH to inform me.. This on top of the office visits where she goes through questions: do you wear a helmet? seat belt? grades? eat good food? NOTHING personable, just a checklist of yes & no questions.. Visit is about 9 min long & see you next year!!! MAYBE SHE USE TO BE A GOOD DR BUT NOW she's Going through the motions!!
Dr. Agarwal was my sister's pediatrion from 30 years ago. She is now the pediatrition to her three children. She was also my pediatrition from 23 years ago and now sees my baby. This woman is experienced, caring and overall, one of the best. I plan on my family being life-long patients, as long as she is practicing! I would recommend her without any reservation.
Dr. Agarwal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
New England Medical Center
Dr. Pushpa D Agarwal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPushpa D Agarwal Md, 100 Highland Ave Ste 202, Salem, MA
Dr. Pushpa D Agarwal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salem, MA.