Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Pushpa Avasthi
Dr. Pushpa Avasthi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Albuquerque, NM, with another office in Albuquerque, NM. She has 50 years of experience. Her specialties include Pathology and Clinical Pathology. Dr. Avasthi is affiliated with Lovelace Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Pushpa Avasthi has 2 locations
5400 Gibson Blvd SE
Albuquerque, NM 87108
Book Online Now
Dr. Pushpa Avasthi has the following 2 specialties
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.<br>Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
- Clinical Pathology
If you’ve ever provided a urine or blood sample, you’ve worked with a clinical pathologist — you probably just didn’t know it. They work behind the scenes in laboratories to examine bodily fluid specimens and detect substances or diseases. This means they're required to have a comprehensive knowledge of disease and what it looks like under a microscope.
They provide test results to your doctor, who then makes an informed decision about your diagnosis and the best treatment options for you. Without the work of clinical pathologists, doctors technically wouldn’t be able to diagnose patients as accurately as we can today. It's also worth noting that clinical pathologists are different from anatomical pathologists, who analyze tissue taken from a biopsy or entire infected areas as well as whole body parts.
Dr. Pushpa Avasthi is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Avasthi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lovelace Medical Center
50 Years Experience
S M S Medical College
Graduated in 1963
Dr. Pushpa Avasthi Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Pushpa Avasthi's office for more information.
5400 Gibson Blvd SE Albuquerque, NM : (505) 272-7000
4701 Montgomery Blvd NE Albuquerque, NM : (505) 727-6830
Locations & Directions
Dr. Pushpa Avasthi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albuquerque, NM.