Dr. Pushpa Mehrotra Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Pushpa Mehrotra?

Helped my son in every way

Posted on November 30th, 2011

Dr. Mehotra helped my son through a very tough time. After many doctors, she diagnosed him correctly. She also ordered bloodwork and ekg to evaluate his body response to the meds. No dr. has ever done that. So sorry she is retiring. She is very direct and said things we both sometimes did not want to hear but she was always on target. She is the best!

Must be paid by insurance

Posted on July 11th, 2011

This doctor was the worst physician I have ever dealt with. I was recommended to her by my insurance and was dealing with my mom having a serious condition, a divorce and then my mother's death. She said I was not being honest with her and claimed I was "milking" the system. I was appalled! I have never seen a counselor before for any problem and I'm 37 years old. She also changed my medications every couple weeks and the effects of the medication were horrendous! What a quack!

VERY RUDE TO BOTH MY CHILDREN AND MYSELF

Posted on December 17th, 2010

My two children have been under Dr. Mehrotra's care for the past two years for post traumatic stress and depression. We were referred to her because I was told that she was very thorough. I felt from the very beginning that she was very rude and condesending, but dealt with it due to insurance and recommendation.The last appointment my daughter had with her was a horrifying and traumatic experience. Dr. Mehrotra raised her voice to both my daughter telling her that she had not been honest with her regarding her depression and that depression was something that she should just get over.We will NEVER go back. I would rather pay hundreds of dollars out pocket to have a good, kind, caring doctor. My children have already suffered to much in their short lives to be treated this way by a professional.

Very Cold and Rude

Posted on March 4th, 2010

As a new resident to the area, I made an appointment for my 13 year old son for an updated evaluation on his ADHD. He also suffers from severe migraine headaches. Also, his neurologist suggested he work on his stress mngt skills and reevaluate his Adderall dosing. Dr Mehrotra was extremely cold, never smiled and told us that she preferred we only speak when spoken to and answer in "one to two word answers." She stated that I was too "verbose" in my description of my son's health history (he was in a coma as an infant and had major brain surgery) and that she would determine what was important-- not me. My son, she explained, must raise his hand to speak and could only do so if she agreed that she wanted to hear his opinion. She completes appts in three parts before she will give you an opinion. We both left the office shaking and felt our self esteem as parent and child had both taken a hit. The office staff assured us she is simply thorough, but I will NOT return for part two of the evaluation. Neither of us want to feel that way again, especially when my son is a straight A student who wins numerous awards for his kind nature, as well as academics. She made me feel like a horrible mother.

Posted on August 12th, 2017