Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Qamar U Arfeen
Dr. Qamar U Arfeen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Beaumont, TX. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Arfeen is affiliated with Christus Hospital St Elizabeths. Dr. Arfeen has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Qamar U Arfeen has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.<br>These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
Dr. Qamar U Arfeen has the following 8 expertise
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chest Infection
- Pulmonary Hypertension
Showing 5 of 22
Self-verified patient of Dr. Qamar U Arfeen - Posted on March 18th, 2016
Unprofessional in the treatment of his staff. Doctors should be professional. Name calling and belittling your staff is not the way to go...if you can't treat your staff with respect how can we ever believe you will take care of patients.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Qamar U Arfeen - Posted on October 13th, 2015
I regret this Truthful review - quite sad! Obviously brilliant & wealthy personage.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Qamar U Arfeen - Posted on September 4th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Qamar U Arfeen - Posted on August 29th, 2011
This Physician is a hospice physician,he also is making patients go directly to harbour hospice, instead of letting them choose who to pick, which is a violation of medicare. medicaid and statepractices. This physician is also in direct ownership of Harbour Hospice as well. and when a person checks into Harbour.They are not truthful in the disclosure of patient rights respectively.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Qamar U Arfeen - Posted on June 29th, 2009
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Arfeen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Detroit Medical Center
Dr. Qamar U Arfeen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsQAMAR U ARFEEN MD, 3406 College St Ste 200, Beaumont, TX
Dr. Qamar U Arfeen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Beaumont, TX.