Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Qamar J Khan has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Qamar J Khan has the following 15 expertise
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Blood Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
Dr. Qamar J Khan has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
My mother started her breast cancer journey at Kumed with a great relationship. He have her a very clear plan with realistic expectations . What occurred after 3 years is unimaginable. My mother was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer of breast and liver. She was put on a trial study with excellent results. However after several years she suffered heart related complications and therefore removed from the study. My mom then sought out a second opinion from the Mayo Clinic. Once Dr. Khan discovered this he fired my mother as a patient. He also made it impossible for her to be seen by another Doctor at the facility. In my opinion he has a large knowledge of cancer treatment but a much larger ego. I wouldn't refer him to my worse enemy!
Dr. Qamar J Khan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Qamar J Khan in this video.
Dr. Qamar J Khan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kansas City, KS.