More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Queenie Dcosta
Dr. Queenie Dcosta, MD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Petersburg, FL, with other offices in Houston, TX and Pittsburgh, PA (and 1 other location). She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatric Critical Care Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. Dcosta is affiliated with All Children's Hospital, Women's Hospital of Texas and Coral Springs Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Queenie Dcosta has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
While pediatricians are typically the go-to resource when your child gets sick, more serious conditions require special care and closer monitoring. A pediatric critical care specialist works in a hospital setting to treat, diagnose and care for children with chronic conditions.
They're trained to examine and treat children using unique methods and equipment in order to provide a more comfortable experience. A reaction due to asthma or diabetes, a serious injury from an accident, or on-going symptoms due to a serious disease are some reasons your child might end up in a pediatric intensive care unit.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Dcosta is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
All Children's Hospital
Coral Springs Medical Center
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Providence Memorial Hospital
Childrens Hosp Of Pittsburgh Of Upmc
West Virginia University Hospital
Sierra Medical Center
Broward General Medical Center
23 Years Experience
Calcutta Medical College
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Queenie Dcosta accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Queenie Dcosta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Petersburg, FL.