Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Raafat N Mattar has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
Showing 5 of 104
I have been seeing Dr. Mattar for 4+ years. After my previous butcher surgeon, I requested a pain management doctor. I was luckily referred to Dr. Mattar thru my workmans comp. When I was reading reviews, I was on the skeptical side. But he has never once argued with me about managing my pain. And in turn, I am graciously allowing him to try procedures that could possibly bring down my pain levels without medications. He is a conpassionate doctor. If you are truthful and do what he asks, he will make sure you arent suffering.
After a MRI report that showed 4 bulging discs in my neck, I knew at that I didn't want surgery at 43. My family physician told me that I needed to see a pain management physician so I took his advice and saw Dr. Mattar in Long Beach, CA. His bedside manner is outstanding. I was seeking help and not pain meds. When I first saw Dr. Mattar, I could barely turn my neck from one side to another. The very next day, he gave me an epidural and after three days, I began to notice a big difference in my range of motion. After a follow-up, he decided that I needed another one. I took his advice and during my exam after the second epidural, my pain level was a zero on a scale from 0-10. I know for certain that Dr. Mattar just has a gift for knowing where to put the injections. If you're just looking for meds because you're addict, please don't waste your time. He is an excellent doctor and I would not hesitate to see him again.
Dr mattar was Great. he took the time to educate me on how things work in my back. He listened to my concerns. He gave me good suggestions on how to keep my back healthy I would definitely recommend Dr mattar 2NE1 with back problems similar to mine
20 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine
Dr. Raafat N Mattar accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Raafat N Mattar in this video.
Dr. Raafat N Mattar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Huntington Beach, CA.