Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Raashan C Williams has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. Raashan C Williams has the following 13 expertise
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Showing 5 of 12
Best doctor I have ever had the misfortune to need. :-) His bedside manner is excellent. I first met him as I was being prepped for surgery after having a pretty big heart attack. He is very kind and warm; he looks you in the eye when you talk to him and does not break contact until you are finished speaking of your concerns. He explains everything in detail and he takes the time needed without making you feel rushed or like he's trying to get this next patient. He actually called my primary doctor with concerns about my condition while I was still there. His staff is very friendly , courteous and helpful as well. I would not want to trust my heart condition to any other doctor; he makes me feel like a person, not just a patient. This doctor is not just a 4 star doctor; he deserves 10 stars!
This man is the most amazing human being on the face of the earth. I cannot simply overstate how many times he has given me new leases on life. I was suffering from severe heart problems, but with Dr. William's excellent expertise in cardiology, he was able to cure my diease. His advice and bed side manner made sure that I was always comfortable and secure while in the hospital. This with the combination of his skill, I am sure, helped saved my life multiple times. He has inspired me to change my habits and lead a life in service of others. He is profoundly amazing.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
19 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Raashan C Williams accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & DirectionsRaashan Carlos Williams Md, 120 48th St, Union City, NJ
Dr. Raashan C Williams is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Union City, NJ.