Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rabia Malik
Dr. Rabia Malik, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Burbank, CA. She has 11 years of experience. Her specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Malik is affiliated with UT Southwestern University Hospital - St. Paul, USC University Hospital and UT Southwestern University Hospital - Zale Lipshy. She speaks English.
Dr. Rabia Malik has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Dementia Testing
- EOL Care
- Urinary Incontinence
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I would highly recommend Dr. Malik. She was the most compassionate doctor I have ever been to - and the most thorough in trying to find out exactly what's going on with the patient's health. She asks pertinent questions and really listens to the answers! She actually gives you a chance to explain your symptoms without rushing you or making snap judgements regarding a diagnosis. I am very glad I had the chance to be her patient and still wold be if not for a sudden relocation. I have never trusted a doctor so much.
Dr. Malik is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UT Southwestern University Hospital - St. Paul
USC University Hospital
UT Southwestern University Hospital - Zale Lipshy
UT Southwestern St Paul Hospital
UT Southwestern Zale Lipshy Hospital
11 Years Experience
The University of Texas at Galveston
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Rabia Malik accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsToluca Lake Health Center, 4323 W Riverside Dr, Burbank, CA
Dr. Rabia Malik is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Burbank, CA.