Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rachael Smith has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
I had an MRI which showed 2 herniated neck discs and severe pain in right arm and loss of use of my hand. She immediately zeroed in with electricity test and a type of ultra sound and diagnosed the pain was from a pinched ulnar nerve in my elbow and severe carpal tunnel. I was operated on and am recovering amazingly well. She is empathetic, listens to the patient even though her instincts are way ahead. She saved my arm, my dominant hand and my profession as an artist for 50 years.
Dr. Smith is patient and empathetic to the pain you are experiencing. When doing a procedure (I've had a variety performed by her) she explains everything she is doing. Her knowledge of other potential diagnosis outside her specialty is impressive as is the calm, smooth manner in which she speaks and conducts herself during procedures. There is one thing you should know, immediate treatment and pain relief should not be expected. You need to work in conjunction with pain management but she is quick to schedule injections whenever possible. I wouldn't trust anyone except Dr. Smith to insert a needle between my vertebrae!
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Rachael Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDelaware Back Pain, 29 N East St, Smyrna, DE
Dr. Rachael Smith is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Smyrna, DE.