Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rachel C Abrams has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Abrams is a beautiful woman with prominent accolades but she is money oriented and does not really spend time with the patient. I have known professionally hundreds of physicians and while many do not carry the title of integrative physician, they practice integrative medicine. She is expensive, takes no insurance, but will supply the poorly named "Super Bill." God forbid if you are on Medicare as she is not a subscriber. I consider her to be a mediocre physician who wants you to come back again and again at several hundred dollars a visit.
Abrams was so focused on time, she lost track of what she said she was going to do. She was focused on my being 10 min late and waiting in her waiting room 10 minutes. She used up time focusing on this matter. She forgot what she was going to act on, performed a lacklustre history and was unconvincing as even a fair physian. She came across as young, whiny and inexperienced, albeit articulate. I have worked in life sciences as an executive for 30 years and know many fine physicians. Abrams is not one of them, at least she has not convinced me as yet. Unfortunately, she is the person recommended for a consult in Santa Cruz, the location to which I moved recently. She takes no insurance, tests are expensive. Abrams can be rude and condescending as well. I have never been so angry about a physician experience or feel I had my time so wasted - but wait time issue was her concern.
Dr. Abrams has excellent knowledge and is easy to talk to. She spends as much time as you'd like to talk about your medical issues. Our entire family are her patients and we've recommended her to several other families. She's an MD with a holistic approach to health care, focusing on preventative, which is perfect for us.
Dr. Abrams is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
University Of California At San Francisco School Of Dentistry
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Rachel C Abrams accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRachel C Abrams Md, 740 Front St Ste 130, Santa Cruz, CA
Dr. Rachel C Abrams is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Cruz, CA.