Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rachel E Agustines has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Rachel E Agustines has the following 12 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Birth Control
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. Rachel E Agustines has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Rachel E Agustines is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 70
This is an extremely ignorant and unprofessional doctor. She's very argumentative and has the worst communication skills. Listens poorly and speaks poorly. Her condescending and superior attitude is so unpleasant and stressful to deal with. I think she must of had a very poor education to be treating patients this way. I was very patient and tolerant with her thinking that possibly she had her own problems , but Ive run out of understanding for this very rude, mean and argumentative doctor.
I saw Dr. Agustines and she was very short did not seem that she was actually concerned with what you were saying. I did schedule with her a 2nd time thinking that maybe she was just having a bad day and was preoccupied, but when I arrived for my next appt. I was left waiting for over an hour and then told she could not see me because she was running behind. I called for several weeks trying to schedule another appointment and was not able to get through to anyone the phone was always busy and when I was able to leave a message no one returned my call. My pharmacy has also tried reaching this office via phone and fax with no response. I contacted the Tampa office and was actually able to speak with someone and was told that I was being terminated as a patient because of not showing to appointments. How are you supposed to show to appoints you do not have?
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
21 Years Experience
University Of North Dakota School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1997
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsFlorida Behavioral Medicine, 1100 Clearwater Largo Rd N, Largo, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rachel E Agustines in this video.
Dr. Rachel E Agustines is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Largo, FL.