Have you seen Dr. Rachel K Ashby?

do not trust her

If you are looking for an OBGYN who is caring and passionate about what she does and has and specially if you are looking to solve a problem whether it is miscarriage or infertility , RUN AWAY. She acts very nice and caring at the the very beginning until she has you in her trap , during the following appointments she does not listen to you and your requests, as an example I told her I feel like I am miscarrying based on my previous experience , she ignored me and stated that " there has not been any studies that proves there is any relationship between patient's feelings and mis-happenings during pregnancy", mind it I miscarried the following week. She is only in NWH two days a weeks and if something comes up all her office offers you is giving direction to ER. They did not even want to see me while I was in miscarriage pain, around 10 am in the morning, and referred me to ER where I finally got a Morphin IV 4 hours later. Nobody called me from her office the next day to follow up . She and her office have NO EMPATHY for patients and are very UNPROFESSIONAL.

Very Weak leadership skill. Dr. Ashby is like a business woman but not a doctor!

Very Weak leadership skill, surprisingly a social worker manage her—And this hostile social worker has more authority to make a medical decision on her patients whether or not proceed a surgery. Dr. Ashby is like a business woman but has no qualities to be a doctor. Even if you have two insurances, even you are in the medical area, she additionally charges collects cash or credit card payment of $498.00 for the initial visit and $199.00 for the follow up visits from you. In your first visit, she acts very kind and carrying—At this point, every women including myself have fallen into her trap. She treats you nicely because she knows that the hospital will send you the evalautions/feedbacks to score her after the first visit. (However, the hospital never sends a second feedback form to check the patients how satisfied with continuous care with this doctor) Not surprisingly she gets the five stars! Once she got the best feedbacks, she makes herself wall--she does not response your emails, calls. She does not care the patients at all. She has no empathy to the patients. Even something is very simple to say with one word “yes” or no” by an email or call, she ignores your calls and wastes your valued, ciritical time but make you to come her office to charge you another $199.00 and wait 2-3 months to get an appointment to learn her one word answer “yes” or “no”. I am extremely disappointed with such poor quality of doctor in the top academic hospital. I DO NOT RECOMMEND Dr. Ashby.

Fantastic, compassionate

The fertility journey is annoying at least and very emotional at most and Dr. Ashby made it as painless and even joyful as is possible. We had success with her on the first try so that of course colors the experience, but i knew she was for us at the first visit where she listened well and treated us like people, not cogs in the fertility wheel. Additionally, unlike other big-name, for profit fertility centers in boston, she and Brigham are academic and seem much less focused on driving up cost. For example she talked us out of expensive pgd testing which we thoight we needed but didn't. She is lovely, brilliant, and makes the process, dare I say, even a little fun.

Disappointed

Following our first consultation appointment we were under the impression that our dream of becoming parents was within near reach as she seemed eager in helping us, stating, "let's get you pregnant next month". I was impressed by her confidence. The office staff and nurses were so very attentive and caring. But on our subsequent visits she seemed disinterested and cold. She spoke without empathy as she essentially told us that our dream was NOT attainable. We didn't understand. Why the immediate turnaround? I was overwhelmed with emotion and felt no sympathy. I'm sure she is a talented specialist but for us, we left her office disheartened. But we refused to give up and have found a fertility specialist in Boston who was willing to meet our challenge and very eager in helping us meet our goal; someone who considers each patient as an individual and not just focusing on their age. Sadly, patients can be seen as just a number.

Excellent, kind, supportive and knowledgable-

We were sent to Dr. Ashby after surgery left us with a endometriosis diagnosis. From our first visit, she was knowledgable, kind, understanding and confident. She guided us through the entire process. The entire office staff both at NW and MGH was polite, kind, supportive and knowledgable. Every single time we entered the office or called we felt cared for and that everyone was confidently engaged in our care. My response to some medications was very sensitive and her and her staff provided additional support and guidance as we navigated our changes. I have nothing but the highest recommendations for her care and her office. We credit her with making IVF both a wonderful and stress-free process. We have a wonderful son and are in the early stages of beginning our process with her office again.

The best fertility specialist out there!

After having multiple failed IVF cycles, and second trimester losses. I went to Dr. Ashby for a second opinion, she was caring, absolutely thorough and gave us some options. We proceeded with her recommendations. Thanks to her, we are blessed with a son. I would highly recommender her. Her nurse Susan is absolutely great as well.

One of the worse doctors I've ever seen...absolutely disappointing. She was non-sympathetic about my issue, she rushed, she was pretentious & rude. Horrible appointment!

I'm glad I chose her...

I can't say I'm quite yet an IVF success story but I don't regret choosing someone as capable, compassionate, and on-the-ball as Dr. Ashby. She doesn't hold back the truth which can feel hard but she gives you as much information as possible and let's the patient make their own decision. She guides rather than pushes you into things before you are ready. IVF is not an easy process but at least I feel I can trust her medical opinion which makes doing hard things easier.

Best doctor I have ever encountered

This review is so long overdue but I was thinking of Dr. Ashby and her nurse Susan tonight and realized that I had never done this. After years of heartache and disappointment in ttc I made an appointment to see Dr. Ashby. I remember my first meeting with her in 2005 as if it was yesterday. Dr. Ashby was incredibly kind, sensitive and caring at that and all subsequent appointments with me and my husband. She invested a great deal of time in explaining all our options and every recommendation she had. She was incredibly positive and aggressive in her treatment of our fertility issues. After one failed IUI she recommended IVF because of my age and we were blessed with twins 9 months later. I cannot say enough about Dr. Ashby or her nurse Susan. They were available whenever we needed them, extremely thorough and willing to answer all our questions regardless of how much time it took or how emotional I was during the process. We will be indebted to this doctor forever. I cannot recommend her highly enough.

Dr. Ashby is a wonderful RE. I highly recommend her.

Everything a doctor should be and more

I can't say enough about Dr. Ashby. I don't typically write in these type of things, but if someone another family is fortunate enough to have her as a doctor, I dont want them to miss out on a doctor that will do everything she can to help them get pregnant. I personally know 3 other people who have gone to her with fertility issues and we all got pregnant. I now have two children thanks to her and the incredibly caring staff at Newton Wellesley Hospital. We had some concerns about IVF initially and she took the time to sit with us at every appointment and share research and experience, but respected and encouraged our questioning. Dr. Ashby was incredibly knowledgable, professional and incredibly caring throughout our experience. She always made us feel like we were in very good hands. If you have the opportunity to have her as your doctor, I would highly recommend you take it!

Not Terribly Impressed

I went to see Dr. Ashby on the advice of a friend who had seen her several years ago. I have only seen her once and after much thought, will not be going back. I assume Dr. Ashby is good at her job; I base this on the fact that my friend got pregnant rather quickly while under her care and after having little luck with other doctors. During my visit, though, she seemed to be distracted, not terribly concerned with my particular situation or issues I think are unique to me, and not at all caring. I felt like just another infertile woman to walk through the door that day. I hesitated to write a review because I thought, perhaps, I was just sensitive or maybe it wasn't her day. After calling her office today to get results of some bloodwork and encountering Dr. Ashby's terribly rude nurse (although it was refreshing that she actually picked up the phone), I decided that perhaps it wasn't me and maybe it is just the practice. Perhaps you are like me, and thought that the mediocre reviews on this site were just a fluke and you would give her a chance anyway; if that is the case, I would suggest you not bother wasting your time.

Dr. Rachel K Ashby is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Boston, MA.