Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rachel Bijou has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Rachel Bijou has the following 14 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- Heart Transplantation
- Blood Clot
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
Showing 5 of 7
One of the worst experiences I have ever had with a so called medical professional. She was cold and callous in presenting the medical options to my family member. I would never recommend her to anyone and I have never written a complaint against anyone but I hope she can read this and change how she speaks to people. The coldest fish I have ever met in my life. See someone else. Not dr bijou
The doctor did not explain my condition, did not like to answer questions, and did not listen to my concerns. She never had time for me during our appointments even though she would make me wait to be seen over an hour, and spent the majority of time typing on her computer. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR! As she never took my concerns seriously I ended up having to be admitted to the hospital because my condition became very aggravated.
Dr. Bijou is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Rachel Bijou accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNyp Columbia University Medical Center, 622 W 168th St, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rachel Bijou in this video.
Dr. Rachel Bijou is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.