Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rachel L Oiknine has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
Showing 5 of 24
I am troubled by Dr. Fishman's demeanor. I have seen her just a few times, she has yet to smile or greet me cordially. The visits have each lasted less than 5 minutes, no explanation of test results etc., just the list of rapid fire general questions. She dresses elegantly, nail polish on fingers and toes, not what I expect of a doctor. Something seems 'off'. I'd like to change doctors but I feel trapped at St. Luke's.
Unlike many other reviewers I had a very positive experience with Dr. Rachel Fishman. After my physician referral I was seen that same week. The nurses were courteous and walked me through the new patient paperwork and asked important and relevant questions in a timely manner. Between seeing the nurse and Dr. Fishman was about 15 minutes, but when she came in she sat and made professional conversation with me and had clearly examined my medical records and labs from my referring Doctor. We discussed my diagnosis, I was able to ask questions, and she developed a follow up process (which has been followed to a T.) I would recommend Dr. Fishman-Oiknine to any friend or family member.
It is extremely hard to find an endocrinologist here in St. Louis most are booked about 3 months out. Her father was referred to me and apparently he is the best in the area. Since he was booked 3 months out the receptionist offered to have me meet with Rachel. Horrible experience, the entire visit with her which is about 10 min long she is talking fast and doesn't make eye contact. She is typing and looking at the computer even when she is asking questions. I had recently (about 2 weeks ago) had gotten labs done and instead of agreeing to see those she requested all new labs. When I was reviewing which labs were ordered they were the exact ones I had just got done. I felt uncomfortable the entire visit and felt like a puzzle. None of my questions were answered nor did she express interest in explaining anything. I get the whole transition to the electronic option but if I see a doctor I prefer a personal experience with sincere interest in helping me feel better.
Dr. Oiknine is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
St Louis University School Of Medicine
Dr. Rachel L Oiknine accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDiabetes And Endocrinology Specialists Inc, 222 S Woods Mill Rd Ste 410N, Chesterfield, MO
Dr. Rachel L Oiknine is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chesterfield, MO.