Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rachel B Fissell has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
Showing 3 of 3
Whenever I see Dr. Fissell she is always pleasant and caring of any problems her patients may be having and very interested in what they have to say and especially their concerns at the time. She always wants to know about anything you need to have explained and makes sure that you understand everything that is going on with your dialysis and asks how you are feeling during your treatments while you are there. I really like her as my Dr.
22 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Rachel B Fissell accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVanderbilt University Medical Center, 1211 Medical Center Dr, Nashville, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rachel B Fissell in this video.
Dr. Rachel B Fissell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.