Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rachel S Gilman has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Rachel S Gilman has the following 11 expertise
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
Dr. Rachel S Gilman has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Rachel S Gilman is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
The most amazing doctor I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. She makes you feel like a person not just another patient. She performed emergency surgery on me a few years ago and when I became pregnant a year later I knew for sure I wanted her to be my OB. Her office staff is also very friendly. When I was induced she wasn't the on call doctor but I really wanted her to be and so she was. She made my miserable delivery experience tolerable and while pushing she even had me laughing. I would highly recommend her to anyone!
Dr. Gilman has the best bedside manner of any doctor I've seen. She talks in terms an average person could understand and gives you plenty of time to ask questions and feel at ease. You do not feel rushed, and she really listens and takes time to answer questions and concerns. Gynecologist visits can be stressful, but Dr. Gilman is so kind and thorough, and that makes the visit very comfortable and easy. She is fantastic!
22 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Rachel S Gilman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAll About Women Health Associates, 651 Colliers Way Ste 201, Weirton, WV
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rachel S Gilman in this video.
Dr. Rachel S Gilman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Weirton, WV.