Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rachel A Korson MD
Dr. Rachel A Korson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Murray, KY. She has 11 years of experience. Her specialties include Sleep Medicine and Neurology. She speaks English.
Dr. Rachel A Korson has the following 2 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Rachel A Korson has the following 13 expertise
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
- Headache Disorders
- Migraine Disorder
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Sleep disorders (Parasomnias)
Dr. Rachel A Korson is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rachel A Korson - Posted on March 31st, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rachel A Korson - Posted on March 2nd, 2015
I thank God for Dr. Korson!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rachel A Korson - Posted on February 27th, 2015
Best doctor ever!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rachel A Korson - Posted on February 24th, 2015
Accused of Doctor Shopping Twice
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rachel A Korson - Posted on November 2nd, 2014
Dr. Korson is a nice doctor, but very poor on treating any condition. So I decided I wanted to see another neurologist and the guy at the front desk said that I was doctor shopping? Because Dr. Korson FAILS at being a neurologist, that is the only reason I want to see another neurologist. Sorry "guy at the front desk" but it is not doctor shopping, its called a SECOND OPINION. People need to do their jobs right and this would not happen, instead they push and belittle someone that is sick.
11 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2008
Dr. Rachel A Korson Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Bluegrass Family Health
- Baptist Health Community Care Network
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMURRAY MEDICAL ASSOCIATES, 300 S 8th St Ste 480W, Murray, KY
Dr. Rachel A Korson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Murray, KY.