Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Rachel Vallejo has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Rachel Vallejo has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Rachel Vallejo has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Rachel Vallejo is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 12
This woman is the absolute WORST "Dr." & person I have EVER seen. I also have worked for Dr.'s, REAL Dr.s for a number of yrs., and she BY FAR, has got to be the rudest, arrogant, horrible "Dr." I have EVER met!! Not only did she NOT help me with a medical issue, she could of had the nurse tell me over the phone that she couldn't, or should I say WOULDN'T. NO...instead she collected the money for my visit~PRIOR to, not after, like the norm.I had to find and pay someone gas money, just to get there too!! I wasn't requesting any narcotics, nothing like that what~so~ever. All the other Dr.s that have practiced there, have been absolutely wonderful. I refused to go back, after ONE visit with her. You couldn't pay me ANY amount of money or even if she were the LAST Dr.left, I would die before I would go back to her. Please save yourself the misery...Wish I HAD!!. I NOW see an awesome Doctor. A REAL doctor, & A truly GOOD Doctor.
Dr Vallejo treated my morher until she passed at 96 years and she was awesome. We drove 2 hours each way because not only is Dr. Vallejo an amazing doctor, but she treated my mother with kindness and respect. The doctor keeps up with the lateat research and made my mother's quality of life much better in her final years . I highly recommend this doctor. I am a RN and haved worked in a nursing home. Dr. Vallejo is the rare mix of great doctor and compassionate healer.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Wyckoff Heights Medical Center
Dr. Rachel Vallejo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana HMO Premier
Locations & Directions
Dr. Rachel Vallejo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Naples, FL.