Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rachelle N Bitton has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Rachelle N Bitton has the following 17 expertise
- Pituitary Diseases
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
Showing 5 of 36
I took my 18 year old daughter to see Dr. Bitton . She had been recommended by another doctor and seemed to be graded highly in patient reviews. After waiting nearly an hour and a half beyond our scheduled appointment time to see the doctor, she seemed distracted and took calls during our appointment. She prescribed a drug and told my daughter not to take it until certain test results came back. When my daughter called a week later, we had difficulty reaching someone to find out the results of the test. Someone from the Doctor's staff eventually called to back say she should start taking the medication. A few weeks later, someone else from her staff (not the doctor) called to say she did not have to take it. What I found alarming was there was no record of the first call advising her to start taking the medication and the flip/flop of advice. Very sloppy recordkeeping. We have since changed doctors.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
40 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsRachel Pessah Pollack Md, 2 Ohio Dr, New Hyde Park, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rachelle N Bitton in this video.
Dr. Rachelle N Bitton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.