Dr. Rachelle J Guinto Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Rachelle J Guinto?

Very pushy and undermining. Also manipulative and does not act like a doctor.

Enjoyed my first encounter with Dr. Guinto much!

Unprofessional and judgemental

I have had two appointments with Dr. Guinto (about 1 year apart), and I have been beyond disappointed with her service but also offended. My first appointment was to establish primary care and for an annual exam. During the routine appointment, I told her that my husband and I were thinking of having children and if there was anything I need to be mindful of with my health before trying. Her response to this question was dismissive. Then she asked how long my husband and I had been married and I told her we had been married for 6 months. Her response, "Oh you haven't been married that long, it's better if you wait to have kids. You're young, you should wait awhile." Um, sorry. When did I ask for her opinion? And how is it appropriate for her to tell me what is best for me and my husband's life choices? So that was 1 year ago. I went in again more recently to have my birth control prescription renewed (plot twist, my husband and I have decided to wait -- but not because of Dr. Guinto's unsolicited advice). At the beginning of this appointment, Dr. Guinto started calling me by the wrong name. Once she noticed her mistake, she got the giggles and had to leave the room to compose herself. Awkward... Then, commenting on weight gain (ten pounds, not severe) since the last appointment, the first thing she said (and I quote!), "Have you been depressed? Depression can contribute to weight gain. Maybe with the weather changing, have you had problems from Seasonal Affective Disorder?" I have no history of depression, and I was shocked that she would immediately attribute weight gain to depression. Mental health is a serious issue, and for her to so flippantly say, "Have you been depressed?" feels dismissive of the complexities of mental health. All in all, this whole appointment lasted about 5 minutes, and when things were about to end, she abruptly ended the appointment by walking out the door and said goodbye over her shoulder without making eye contact. I am officially on the search for a new doctor. I will not waste any more time being offended with her bedside manner and lack of professionalism.

I'm switching doctors!

Dr Guinto is not a professional, she never remembers anything you tell her. She is always late and could care less about you and your health needs. I had her Google my symptoms more than once...I hate to sound so negative! But, are you kidding me? New Doctor here I come. ( I have heard from others that she is a horrible doctor). Guess I learned the hard way.....

Doesn't listen..missed my cancer symptoms!! ;(

Went to Dr. guinto in 2008 with symptoms of rectal bleeding. She checked for hemmoroids, none. Was told to go home & take antacids, stool softener . Did that for 4-5 months. She NEVER even ordered a fecal blood test, a simple stool sample!!! Went back , told her once again that I was still having the same symptoms...it never dawned on her that maybe I should have a Fecal test, let alone a colonoscopy !!! Thank God her PA. Was there that day and she picked up on the situation. She immediately ordered a colonoscopy where it was discovered I had stage 2 rectal cancer, thus requiring chemo & radiation, then surgery. All ending with a permanent colostomy bag! Never have gone back to her. My cancer could have been totally missed by her until it was too late. Now, 4 yrs. later I'm in excellent health, no cancer. And no Dr. Guinto!

Most unprofessional experience I've ever had

As an individual working in the mental health care field I am appalled at Dr. Guinto's ignorance and lack of manners during my visit. I have been clinically depressed and on antidepressants for three years, all while under her care. When I came in to discuss a change in prescription she was so unprofessional, to quote her exactly, "all you depressed people are the same", and continued to ask very personal questions with the exam room door open as other staff and patients walked by. So much for confidentiality of any kind! She was extremely abrasive and rude and when I finally did get a change in prescription she wrote it wrong so the pharmacy couldn't take it. I had paperwork I needed her to fill out that she blatently told me she didn't have time for, and her behavior just highlights everything wrong with how medical "professionals" deal with mental health. Do not waste your time with her.

Dr. Guinto is great!

Dr. Guinto is a great doctor. Very personable and caring. Glad she's here in Gig Harbor!

Dr. Guinto has been my doctor for several years and has been excellent and warming at all times.

Took four office visits to get properly diagnosed reception staff are single focused so follow up and explaination of what has already occured is not listened to effectively. You must often see another physician in her absence and follow up to get Rx or referrals are the worst ever!!! I would not recommend the Franciscan Medical Group practices to those seeking good care or follow up that is even moderate in professionalism.

Very friendly, good listener, and bright.

A caring Dr.

I have found Dr. Guinto to be a very caring and capable Dr. Her ready smile and the time she takes to listen are a real bonus to any visit.

Guinto=Awesome

Though, as a guy, I was hesitant to see a lady Doctor. However, I could not ignore all the good things I heard about her from family and friends. I'm so glad I switched to her office... she's the BEST !