Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rachna A Jafri
Dr. Rachna A Jafri, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Jafri is affiliated with Scripps Mercy Hospital, Scripps Memorial Hospital-Encinitas and Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla. Dr. Jafri has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Rachna A Jafri has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Dr Jafri is very caring and takes time when in the room with me to listen to all my issues...she was able to diagnose my problems with proper follow up . I was impressed with her mannerism and she made me feel comfortable to ask questions. She send a letter with all the lab and x ray results to my home and asked me to follow up if I had any further questions.I got a summary of my visit before I left the office with the diagnosis and referrals given and tests ordered by her and her specific instructions.
I was trying to give Dr. Jafri another chance over the past 2 years. However, I make my decision to find another Dr. and give up on her. She is nice but she seems not to care how the patient is saying and is always in a hurry. She will leave the room without looking at you or give you a sign that you could leave. A few times I sit in the room without knowing if I could leave. After my blood test, I'd like to know the explaination of the result. However the nurse (Mary) just called me and pronouced my name in a wrong way even I corrected her. She chose to ignore me and read whatever Dr. Jafri told her and hung out the call while I was asking questions. I didn't get any explaination of the result. I just know my Vitamine D is low and need to get 4000 for 3 months. that is it!!!! Overall Dr. Jafri and her staff really don't provide a good office environment. They don't care how the patients feel. I will go and find another Dr. who will care what the patients think.
Did you ever feel your doctor could care less about your problem and was not really listening to what you say? I've had this experience twice with Dr. Jafri. Do not plan on ever going back.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2008, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Jafri is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1992
San Jacinto Methodist Hospital
Dr. Rachna A Jafri accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsScripps Clinic Carmel Valley, 3811 Valley Centre Dr, San Diego, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rachna A Jafri in this video.
Dr. Rachna A Jafri is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.