Dr. Rafael Carrion Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Rafael Carrion?

Dr. Carrion is not only my Doctor, is my friend.

Posted on December 28th, 2016

Dr. Carrion is by far the best urologist in all the Tampa Bay area and all of central Florida . He worked with me 2+ years regarding issues related to having prostate cancer and the removal of the prostate. His experience, knowledge, guidance, recommendations, and surgery talent have given me my life back. How, you ask? I now able to function again as a normal male. A major part of Dr. Carrions skill-set is his outward caring for his patients and his genuine personality. He is my Friend!

The BEST Urologist in Tampa Bay and Central Florida

Posted on October 8th, 2016

Dr. Carrion is by far the best urologist in all the Tampa Bay area and all of central Florida . He worked with me 2+ years regarding issues related to having prostate cancer and the removal of the prostate. His experience, knowledge, guidance, recommendations, and surgery talent have given me my life back. How, you ask? I am now able to function again as a normal male. A major part of Dr. Carrions skill-set is his outward caring for his patients and his genuine personality. He is my Friend!

Posted on November 25th, 2015

Dr. Carrington is really good. strongly recommend. Does a good job and really nice guy too.

Forever Indebted

Posted on June 6th, 2015

I experienced a penile fracture over five years ago. I did not seek timely treatment and upon healing I developed Peyronie's Disease. It was devastating and resulted in an inability to engage in sexual intercourse. The first urologist I treated with preformed a series of very painful plaque injections over the course of months, without any measurable success. I sought consultation with Dr. Carrion, and he was quite direct in his opinion that a penile implant was the correct modality, and that other types of surgery, such as excision of scar tissue and patch graphing, would not meet with success and would likely cause total impotence. I felt at the time that he was pushing an extreme remedy and that graphing should be the next level of treatment. I sought a second opinion from a surgeon in Chicago, who was very eager to accommodate my option for the graph surgery Dr. Carrion opined against. The surgery was a disaster, resulting in further deformity, considerable loss of length, and as Dr. Carrion predicted, total impotence. A year later, I sheepishly returned to Dr. Carrion, who without judgment, accepted me back as his patient. I accepted his medical opinion henceforth without question and had Dr. Carrion perform the penile implant. It has been so extremely successful, I fully intend to kiss this man when I see him for my one-year follow-up. He has restored intimacy between my wife and I, returned a quality of life I thought gone forever, and has provided me with a feeling as though I have been reborn. Simply stated: I love this man for what he has done for me. Thank you, Dr. Carrion.

Disappointed

Posted on November 16th, 2012

The USF Urology "clinic" was very efficient in terms of scheduling and check in. Maybe too much so, as the staff was a bit impersonal and indifferent. The wait in the waiting room was brief, only about 15 minutes, so they were quick to get me into a patient room after arriving for my appointment. However, after that, I felt as though the staff was rushed and the doctor's time was overbooked. I was asked if I was willing to see a resident instead of Dr. Carrion, as Dr. Carrion was very busy with other patients. I had traveled a good distance to specifically see Dr. Carrion, based in large measure on the patient write-ups found here. Relying on these critiques, I made the day-long trip, but while there, I felt insignificant, unimportant, and greatly humiliated as I stood in an exam room naked from the waist down for 15 to 20 minutes waiting for Dr. Carrion. When he finally did enter the room, he did his best to seem patient, but his voice inflection and bodily language reflected otherwise. Additionally, if there every was a medical specialty deserving of male nurses, it is urology. Again, it was quite humiliating to have the doctor talk to you about your medical issue as two woman nurses are also in the room as you stand there naked from the waist down. I also felt he seemed to be "pushing" a certain procedure and device, stating in so many words less radical procedures would ultimately fail over time, so I should just go with the most invasive procedure available. Given my relatively young age, I thought the suggestion unreasonable. I left confused and did not feel I was fully informed. I did not persist with questions, as I felt the whole process was rushed and that I was taking up his time. There was no "bedside manner" or much caring involved, as one would be led to believe you will find from reading the other patient reviews. I do not need my hand held, but a matter that may be routine to him and his staff can be devastating to the patient enduring the condition. Being made to feel like one in a herd of cattle did not help. I have gone to another doctor. For what it's worth, that was my experience.

Posted on October 5th, 2017