Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rafael A Cortes-Moran MD
Dr. Rafael A Cortes-Moran, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Kenner, LA. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Family Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Rafael A Cortes-Moran has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Rafael A Cortes-Moran has the following 9 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Family Planning
Dr. Rafael A Cortes-Moran is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Elderly care superb
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rafael A Cortes-Moran - Posted on May 17th, 2017
Does not care about his patients
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rafael A Cortes-Moran - Posted on October 31st, 2013
I have never had such a bad experience with a doctor. He must have completely have ignored my initial answers to the questions he asked me about my daily activity and health when making his diagnosis. Basically told me that I needed to adapt and live the lifestyle that I was already living. What a joke. Obviously he didn't take the 5 min to look over my chart before coming to this conclusion. Then he had his nurse call me back a couple weeks later after I got some more labs done and tell me to make sure that I am living a healthy lifestyle again. Can you believe that?? Never going to this guy ever again. There are some doctors out there that still care, but obviously he isn't one of them.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rafael A Cortes-Moran - Posted on May 26th, 2012
I LOOOVE Dr. Cortes. He's easy on the eyes, and I've never had any reason to complain. I don't have to wait too long (at the Driftwood location), and I find that he's always trying to help me save a buck or too. Most doctors don't care about you, but he seems to care. I'll be his patient for life!
22 Years Experience
San Juan Bautista School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Rafael A Cortes-Moran Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOCHSNER CLINIC, 2120 Driftwood Blvd, Kenner, LA
Dr. Rafael A Cortes-Moran is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Kenner, LA.