Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rafael Tatay has the following 2 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Rafael Tatay has the following 15 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Clinical Depression
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Rafael Tatay has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
Saw him back in 1989, and I see things haven't changed with this guy over the years. I have major depression, and my three previous doctors agreed with this diagnosis. I merely needed a new antidepressant, but HE insisted I was bipolar instead, and put me in the psycho ward on Lithobid. Well, Lithobid proved TOXIC for me (namely because I'm NOT bipolar), and I became so weak, I could barely walk. When I fell into depression, he finally woke up and put me on an antidepressant. It took months for me to get my strength back (whereas he insisted I should recover within 24 hours). Office visits were extremely unsatisfactory (one reason being his very thick accent), but he always appeared to be merely daydreaming through the unnecessary sessions so he could collect the insurance money. His behavior was extremely manic (inappropriately bursting into wild laughter when entering my hospital room and seeing me merely sitting quietly in my bed, writing in my journal). I wasn't his only patient with these opinions. I think HE needs the Lithobid.
I haven't spoken to him in 3 years. All he has does is lie and he was always very abusive towards me. Don't believe a word this man says. He is completely crazy and I wont ever allow my son around him. He was supposed to have retired by now but due to financial problems he isn't able to. I hope he loses his home.
Lacks all tact, professionalism. Asserts a subjective opinion about you without even taking the time to properly evaluate you as individual or the circumstances regarding your mental state. Disappointed in quality of care I received. I acted like a robot in order for him to transfer my care to another doctor and to get away from him. I would not recommend him to anyone.
Dr. Tatay is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. Rafael Tatay accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rafael Tatay in this video.
Dr. Rafael Tatay is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lincoln, NE.