Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rafael Valencia
Dr. Rafael Valencia, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Las Vegas, NV, with another office in Las Vegas, NV. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Valencia is affiliated with Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Rafael Valencia has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Rafael Valencia has the following 14 expertise
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
Showing 5 of 12
If you want a doctor that I think is very good and has a good bedside manner then this may be the doctor for you. However, if you want a user friendly organization and a nurse that can spell "follow-up" then this is not the organization for you. Administratively this group, in my personal opinion is a train wreck. They tell you if you need to cancel you need to call more than 24 hours before or they will charge you. OK I get that. That is fair. But try to call in to cancel and you will be put on hold forever. So how can you cancel if you can't reach anyone. Also, I need a procedure to be done. I see the doctor one afternoon and he says his nurse will call to schedule. Two full calendar days later no call. And last time I had to get my personal physician to call just to get a return call. I think they must think I am sitting by with nothing to do and will drop everything on very short notice to go pay thousands of dollars for a procedure. I am every bit as busy as any doctor and my time and life needs to be scheduled as well. I see nothing here that impresses me on the admin side. Do I think he is a great doc yes...but I think he needs to find another group that cares about patients from a customer service perspective and is willing to invest in people or technology to get the job done. This doc is not arrogant but this organization in my view is.
I like Dr. Valencia very much. He seems inordinately bright and follows his patients closely. He is very competent and very personable. I would recommend him to any friends seeking a cardiologist. He orders a large number of tests, but each test is for good reason. He answers any questions I have in such a way that I can easily understand the answers.
My son was referred to Dr. Valencia by the ER at St. Rose. This is another case of love the doctor, but the check out staff at the office on Burnham is just incompetent. I'm directing this complaint at the check out staff and the scheduler who coordinates the testing. Very unorganized, don't return phone calls, and pretty much dropped the ball where my son was concerned. I'm not interested in hearing the old argument that they don't pay the staff enough or they are overwhelmed, if you took that job than it is your responsibility to complete your job to the best of your ability. You are dealing with people's lives. So go see Dr. Valencia-you will love him, but stay away from the Burnham office.
Dr. Valencia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Rafael Valencia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway X HMO Ind Direct Access
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Nevada PPO
- First Health PPO
Health Plan of Nevada
- Health Plan of NV HMO My HPN MIPLAN Bien Southern NV
- Health Plan of NV HMO Southern NV
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
One Health Network
- One Health Network
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence S NV - Universal Health Network PPO Employer
- Sierra Health Southern Nevada PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rafael Valencia in this video.
Dr. Rafael Valencia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Las Vegas, NV.