Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Rafael Vargas has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
Dr. Rafael Vargas has the following 77 expertise
- Lipid Disorders
- PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Breast Cancer
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Pelvic Pain
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Heart Failure
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Occupational Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Smoking Cessation
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Sports Medicine
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Sleep Disorders
- Lactose Intolerance
- Respiratory Disorders
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Eating Disorders
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Impotence (Vasculogenic Impotence)
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Bursitis / Adhesive Capsulitis
- Seizure Disorders
- Drug Allergy
- PET Scan
- Bell's Palsy
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- CT Scan
- Mood Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Sports Injuries
- Down Syndrome
- Blood Disorders
Dr. Rafael Vargas has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Rafael Vargas is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 2
This is by FAR the worst doctor you can ever go to. I went to this joke with an MRI that was done a month ago and it clearly states in the MRI that I have multiple disc issues, including herniation. He said that due to me telling him that him prescribing me ibuprofen instead of a stronger painkiller makes me an addict. He shouldn't even be called a "Doctor". Sorry to bust your bubble but not everyone in serious pain and can't function day to day with their pain is an addict. He even started yelling and raising his voice. Waste of time spent which I'll never get back and glad I found a REAL doctor to fulfill my medication needs due to my problem. STAY AWAY FROM THIS "DOCTOR". Very mean and unprofessional. He would probably do better mowing lawns.
Dr. Vargas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
St Mary Nazareth Hospital Center
Dr. Rafael Vargas accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSutter Gould Medical Foundation, 600 Coffee Rd, Modesto, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rafael Vargas, MD - Diagnostic Radiology in Modesto, CA, in this video.
Dr. Rafael Vargas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Modesto, CA.