Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rafaela Herrera
Dr. Rafaela Herrera, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Kansas City, MO. She has 48 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Herrera is affiliated with Children's Mercy Hospital, University of Kansas Medical Center and St. Luke's Cancer Institute. Dr. Herrera has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Rafaela Herrera has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Rafaela Herrera has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Rafaela Herrera has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 2
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Herrera is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Children's Mercy Hospital
University of Kansas Medical Center
St. Luke's Cancer Institute
St Lukes Hospital Of Kansas City
St. Luke`s Cancer Institute
Anderson County Hospital
48 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De San Luis Potosi
Graduated in 1971
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Dr. Rafaela Herrera accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsCABOT WESTSIDE MEDICAL AND DENTAL CENTER, 2121 Summit St, Kansas City, MO
Dr. Rafaela Herrera is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kansas City, MO.