Dr. Rafath Baig Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Rafath Baig?

ARROGANT, INSULTING AND IGNORANT

I have NEVER been treated more rudely by ANYONE in my life let alone a Doctor. The Man -won't call him a Doctor, acted like I was from an untouchable class back in India and he was from the upper class. I was dressed well. Maybe he just doesn't like people over 60. Waited hour and 45 minutes. 3 patients came after me and were seen. Was told receptionist not yet finished entering all my data. (so why not a web site to pre-complete forms?) He was hostile from moment he entered the room. (Have had 4 spinal surgeries already so am well acquainted with the process.) He asked my to walk around the very small room and as my back was hurting from sitting so long, it took a few steps to straighten up. He then mimicked me by hunching over and walking around like a monkey and challenging my "story" after asking me to tell it. I had MRI and Nuerologist said it showed "flattened spinal cord at T-12 and impingements at C1 and C6. He had current xrays too. Extensive prior testing showed I have Peripheral Nueropathy. He asked if I was diabetic. I said no. Very sarcastically he ask me how I thought I could have it without being a diabetic. I told him what the nuerologist said and that was a misdiagnosed herniated disc at c6-7 I lived with for 2 years. He shook his head and said "we're done" walked me into the hall way in front of the check out person then walked away. That person then said "no" to a follow up appointment and then "you can leave now." I was left standing there in total bewilderment. Very manipulative. Insults indirectly and trys to get you to question yourself. An EVIL MAN - DO NOT GO TO.

Dr Rafath Baig is an awesome Physician and person!

Dr Baig and his staff are "TOPS" in my opinion. He is honest and straightforward. He has a wonderful bedside manner and is so easy to talk to. I traveled from North Carolina to Arizona to have doctor Baig to perform a 2 day back surgery for me. I am approximately 10 weeks post surgery, and I feel better that I have in years, I still have a long healing process over the next several months, but the healing is happening! YES! I would go through it all again! Thanks to God and Dr Baig and his surgical team! Best Regards, Kathy Duncan

Not compassionate

I found him to be arrogant and lacking in bedside manners. I left in tears. He doesn't seem to be knowledgeable concerning my issues. Would never go back and advise others to stay away.

I couldnt have asked for a better experience. Dr, Baig treated me with respect from minute one. He sat me down and showed me the MRI results, which my own primary didn't even do. He explained things and made sure I understood the process from beginning to end. He didn't sugar coat anything. He told me what the possible issues could be from surgery. I had already tried the shots, the physical therapy. He didn't rush me into having surgery. He gave me other options...accupuncture, homeopathic treatments. I have been in pain for a long time. For me enough was enough. I've read some comments about how he has a bad bedside manner. That he comes across condescending and arrogant. I have experienced none of that. I came out f surgery expecting to have the worst sore throat of my life. I was pleasantly surprised to realize my throat didn't and doesn't hurt at all. The large neck brace is a pain but thats to be expected. I've taken very little of the pain pills because I haven't felt nearly as bad as I know I could have. Several months from now Dr. Baig will concentrate on my lower spine issues. I wouldn't even consider anyone else . The man knows what he is doing. His office staff is great. Kuddos and thank you all ! Comments about him being condescending and arrogant baffle me. Certainly hasn't been my experience at all. And hey, this is my spine we are talking about. Not a personality or popularity contest. I'm grateful and beyond pleased.

One of the best doctors I have been to see

Dr. Baig exceeded my expectations in every regard. He is to the point and doesn't sugar coat anything - but it was good to hear something honest for once. He's given me my life back and I am finally pain free. My surgery went well. He saw me everyday I was in the hospital, not his assistant. His office staff has had some turn around but the girls he has now are wonderful. They are so sweet on the phone and knowledgeable and were able to address my concerns. The office manager is very hands on with training the staff and it appears to be ran very well now. I highly recommend this doctor to anyone - I really don't think you will be disappointed. He is a doctor who truly cares and isn't just out there to make money.

Good Doctor poorly run office

Dr. Baig is very knowledgeable and courteous. His office staff do the minimum. There is no going out of their way or deviating from policy to help a patient. If you need paperwork completed don't expect a sense of urgency. There also won't be any relaxation of procedure for patient convenience.

I had an initial consult for my back with another physician which resulted in recommendation for a two level fusion. After 7 months of failed treatments and progressing severe pain and moderate disability, I decided to proceed with the surgery. However, the surgeon was dropped from my insurance and they recommended me to Dr. Baig. Dr. Baig looked at my MRI, disagreed with the report and diagnosed me before asking my history, pain levels or examining me. He gave a completely different diagnosis than the MRI report and previous surgeon and told me that my retrolisthesis was stable. He looked at me like I was crazy when I mentioned surgery because I am only 31. However, the problem started with an accident at 15 and I already have had one back surgery at 24. He said I was too young for intervention and to try Yoga instead seeing how all other therapies failed (including steroid injections). Dr. Baig was uncompassionate and viewed me as a number not a person. By the time I left his office I was all but almost convinced that it was all in my head. I waited to change my insurance plan and two months later I saw a Barrow neurosurgeon who ordered another MRI because of the increase in pain. The MRI confirmed what was seen before with continuing rapid degeneration. The new surgeon told me that it was not okay to live such a poor quality of life regardless of my age, and that my back degeneration would continue to progress until I’m at a stage where the surgical outcome won’t be as good if I wait. He made me feel like I wasn’t crazy and gave me hope back that I can live a normal life again, and best of all he treated me like a human. When he did my surgery he told me that my spine was definitely unstable and my vertebrae was completely dislocated and there was really nothing holding it in place. He told me I must have been absolutely miserable and sorry it took so long to find relief. Within a week of the post op pain disappearing, essentially all my pre op pain was gone and I am grateful to this man for giving me my life back. Some people may have had pleasant experiences with Dr. Baig, but I want others seeking opinions to know that there are much better physicians to choose from and don’t settle for this one until you’ve had another opinion.

Poor service and follow-up

I went to visit this provider on a referral. I waited nearly an hour past my scheduled time. During the visit, I was only given one procedure, when I was told by another that there were two potential opportunities. I declined his procedure and wanted to talk with my PCM and pain management doctor. After a few months, I decided to have the procedure and called the office. TWICE, I was told the staff would call me back. They failed to do so. The third time, I was told the doctor had discharged me and did not want to work with me. I was upset during my first visit because he was an hour late and then told me I only had one procedure, when before I was informed of two. I declined his services at that time and now he refuses to work with me? Bottom line is this,,,,He was late by nearly an hour, his staff refused to call me back twice, and he got upset because I wanted another opinion...Tricare folks, I would look elsewhere...

Specialist - not

He,s like 30 years old, he apparently has not worked very long but because he accepts poor man insurance I got the pleasure. He only wanted to deal with the thoracic spine and only wants patience who are surgery candidates. He would love to cut you open provided insurance approved. I believe he was looking at the wrong side of the X-ray cause he said my problem was on my right side when it was on my left.

Pain free now!

I am so happy with not being in pain anymore! I have arthritis so bad and was in pain when I first saw Dr Baig in August of 2012. One thing I really l ...

Stay away!

I would never choose to see Dr. Baig again nor will I recommend him. He did not explain nearly half the surgery to me. When I asked about recovery time and going back to work, his answer was "You will be up and around in a couple days. He did not explain recovery at all! After the fact I find out that I have to wear a neck brace for four days after the surgery, can't shower or bathe for four days, have to sleep at a 60 degree angle and can't even drive for 6 weeks. He also repeated that it was an out-patient surgery. Yeah, out-patient and stay over night. If I had known I was staying I would have boarded my dogs. I told my job that I would be back to work within 5 days at the most considering what he said. How can I work when I can't drive. What happened to out-patient non-invasive surgery he spoke about on my first appointment?! The surgery was way more invasive that he led me to believe. If I had known this I would have also arranged to stay at my parents house where i could be helped and watched. Dr. Baig is by far the worst Dr I have ever been too. No smile, no bedside manor. He is definitely one of the many doctors that does not care about people. Just about their money. He shouldn't even be