Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rafik Khaimov has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 73
The doctor is always in rush. He doesn't spend more than five minutes with you. He misdiagnosed food intolerance, and kept insisting it was colic and gases. Even after bloodin the stool, he still didn't set me up with the right diet. His recommendation was formula. Fast and easy solution for him, not exactly what my child and I needed. I am with different pediatrician now who put me on diet and my baby is thriving.
Our child got sick from starting daycare. Initially they prescribed antibiotics and nebulizer, the latter of which was not effective as the child cannot sit still. but they said "it's ok, the insurance pays for this"... After one week of antibiotics, the doc suggested that we put him on steroids to cure the cough! Steroids for a 1 year old! I'm not sure where these goof balls got their medical training! We got 2 second opinions, both of which suggested wait and see would be ok. And guess what my child improved after another week! And everytime we go back, they say come back in 3-4 days. Well it's that just a simple way to make sure you have continued revenue! Now that our phone numbers are on their system, they would not stop calling us for reminders of this and that, AFTER I told them to stop as we have changed to another doctor. And guess what they told me, "it's a machine we cannot do nothing about it." That's just absurd and plain disregard for patient experience and confidentiality. Save yourself and your child the trouble and substandard care, GO ELSEWHERE.
Great office. Extremely easy to get an appointment. The dr is always available, especially when the office is closed. Waiting time is very minimal (5-10) compared to many offices I have been to. The doctor is extremely loved by my child. He wants to see him for every little "boo boo". Great personality and character. He always puts me at ease and makes the right diagnosis. Blood work done in the office as well as many other procedures. Finally I don't have to go from one place to another.
New York Methodist Hospital
Dr. Rafik Khaimov accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRafik Khaimov Medical Pc, 6509 99th St Ste 1U, Rego Park, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rafik Khaimov in this video.
Dr. Rafik Khaimov is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rego Park, NY.