Dr. Raghav Gupta Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Raghav Gupta?

Very knowledgeable and instills confidence in his diagnosis.

Posted on June 27th, 2016

too long wait time

Posted on January 19th, 2015

I had appointment at 3:30 pm and its 4:45 pm I am still waiting for doctor to come and see me.

client

Posted on April 27th, 2012

Dr. Gupta was 1/2 partner in a spa Ciru.Guia that he shared Dallas office space with his eye practice. Gupta was informed of ongoing problems with th ...

Great doctor!

Posted on February 23rd, 2012

Great doctor, very caring, great staff, would take any of my family there.

Fastest Visit ever

Posted on October 13th, 2011

As a young adult I do not have serious problems with my eyes, but from my personal experience with Dr. Gupta and his staff the visit and appointment went great! It was easy to make an appointment, obtain my prescriptions, contact lenses, and Dr. Gupta took the time to answer all of my questions. His tech Stephanie was thorough when performing the refraction and sensitive when putting in the dilation drops. He went over my diagnosis with me along with making sure I had sunglasses since I was dilated. I experienced about 5 min wait time while in the waiting room, and my visit took a total of about an hour. There were some patients I saw requiring more tests and I noticed I left before they did, but I would assume this is normal since testing takes longer then a simple annual exam with no complications or other problems.

Doctor's Response

Yes, patients who need testing tend to stay longer in our office. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about this, but we try and make the stay as effortless as possible.

Posted on May 13th, 2011

I don't know what you all are talking about. While I don't know what goes on at the Frisco office, I think the Dallas office is great. Courteous staff, great doctor, good location outside of a hospital which is nice. He took over for one of the best eye doctors in the city after retirement, and believe me, I know for a fact he would never have chosen someone inadequate.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for the positive review! Our office has definitely made a turn for the best in the past year and we hope to keep the positive changes coming.

Posted on February 8th, 2011

I had an appointment for 8:00 and a walk in who I could hear his conversation said that they did not have an appointmnet. It was not an emergency and they were taken in before me. I was finally taken in after Q and a half hours. Prior to that my appointment was scheduled when the ice days occurred and I called to see if they were cancelling but the receptionist acted like I was crazy. Then I got the 5:00 am call to cancel with a message they would get back to me. I never heard from them.

Doctor's Response

That is a long time to wait! Unfortunately we have emergency cases almost everyday, but someone should have notified you of the wait. With our new office staff we have fixed many of our past issues and look forward to better serving our patients' needs!

Horrible Office Staff

Posted on December 13th, 2010

I was referred to Dr Gupta at his Texas Health Presby office in Frisco, TX by my Sister-In-Law. When I called to make the appointment the receptionist was extremely rude. The receptionist was very difficult to work. When she told me to be on time and NOT to forget my paperwork I was a bit taken back by her tone, but I brushed it off that they were having a bad day. It was challenging just to get an appointment, but I was finally was able to get a time that was good when I could take off work. I received my paper that was mailed to me ahead of time - filled it out and brought it with me and made sure I was at Dr Gupta's office on time (as instructed). When I signed in and handed over my paperwork, I was told to have a seat. I then proceeded to wait. After an hour of waiting and no status, I got up and inquired about my appointment time. I thought maybe I had the wrong time down, but that was not the case - the receptionist confirmed (rudely I might add) that my appointment was indeed at 2.45pm, so I was on time and early to boot, but here it was 3.45pm, an hour later and the waiting room was getting crowded. One of the women over heard my conversation with the receptionist and said that she too had been waiting a long time and had been there since 2pm. It was apparent the office staff could tell that we, the patience, were now out of patiences and fired off (with even more attitude) with an explanation that Dr Gupta had three/four emergency cases that had been sent up from downstairs (I assume she was referring from the ER) and that they, the office staff, had no control over it. I said emergencies are understandable, but why didnt one of Dr Guptas office staff call to tell us he was running 2+ hrs behind? The woman behind the window on Dr Guptas office staff could not answer why no one was called and walked off. There wasnt even an apology. Note even an offer to investigate why no one called, or any effort whatsoever to provide an ETA. They just expected us to just sit and wait, as if we had nothing better to do or any other obligations to attend to. As a first time patient - this was unacceptable. I had taken off work. I had obligations and commitments I had to be accountable for and after the arrogant display of attitude, rude unprofessional behavior by Dr Guptas office staff, I refused to continue to sit and wait indefinitely in an office where the staff didnt even have the consideration to take a moment to pop their heads out of a window or door and provide a status update as to the cause and/or time delay to Dr Guptas schedule.I was a first time patient and one other woman in the waiting room shared that she was too. Rather than reschedule, I just walked out and made another appointment within the hour with a different ophthalmologist who was able to get me in two days later. No one should have to put up with inconsiderate behavior by a Drs office staff who clearly have zero respect for the patients (customers) time. I have no idea how good Dr Gupta is (for all I know he could be the best in town) but getting into see him just isnt worth the aggravation of dealing with his office staff. I worked in the health care industry for many years and Ive seen some shocking things, but this was by far the worst experience Ive ever had with an office staff. I was considering recommending my husband, mother, and other family members based on how things went, but their business is now going to go to my new Dr now, whos receptionist and office staff are always smiling when I come through the door.

Doctor's Response

That is a terrible situation for any patient to be in, especially our new patients. As I am sure you are very happy with your new doctor I would like to take the time to apologize to you for the inconvenience. We have definitely made full staff changes now and are under new management. These types of situations do not happen anymore and if he does have an emergent case we now make sure to notify our waiting patients. Again, sorry for the terrible experience! Hopefully if you ever need to change doctors you will give our office another try.

I wouldn't go anywhere else!! He is worth the wait.

Posted on July 20th, 2010

I have been to many eye doctors in the past few years (price of getting old) but Dr. Raj Gupta by far has spend the most time with me and diagnosed my condition. My whole family and coworkers go to him now. His bedside manners are very caring. I wouldn't to anywhere else. He takes his time - worth the wait because he will take his time with me.

Posted on May 9th, 2017