Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Raghotham R Patlola has the following 1 specialty
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
Showing 5 of 39
Dr Patlola went above and beyond when I first went to him as a patient. I had an extensive history of artery problems in my right leg. My previous doctor had told me there was nothing else to do. Just by chance a friend of mine had just finished her NP degree and was going to work for Dr Patlola. By chance I asked her if she had found a job yet and she told me about Dr Patlola. I jokingly said so does he do arteries in legs and she tod me actually that is his passion! So I called and made an appointment for an initial consultation. When I got there he came in and said I've been told of our previous surgeries and complications and there's no reason for me to do test let's just schedule you for surgery. I was a little shocked at this approach until surgery came. He repaired the artery in my leg no problem and even checked my other leg and found out it needed to be stented too. So 2 weeks later I was back at the hospital again for surgery. Everything went textbook perfect . I will no matter where Dr Patlola goes forever be his patient. He explained all procedures before hand o my husband and I both and didn't hesitate one second to answer any question we asked him. I have never felt rushed at an appointment with him and truly feel when he is in the room with me his is focused on me and my care and not just getting me out so he can get another patient in. I can not say enough good things about Dr Patlola!
He is an awesome physician. I saw Dr. Patlola for about ten years. He did all my vascular work. He's very knowledgeable and knows his work. I trusted this physician in all aspects of making the right choice for my health. He moved away for about three years and I'm hearing he's back in Lafayette, La.
Dr. PATLOLA WAS MY DOCTOR IN LAFAYETTE LA. And HE WAS AN AWESOME DOC. HE SAID MY LIFE BY TALKING ME INTO THE GADTRIC SLEEVE. HE HAS SEEN MY MOTHER AND FATHER OPEN HEART SURGERY FOR BOTH. WE WANT HIM BACK IN LAFAYETTE WE NEED HIM HERE. HE IS SO CARING,kind and compassionate and bedside manners are awesome I have never had a doctor better than him we miss him so much. Love you Dr Patlola
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2010, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Long Island College Hospital
Dr. Raghotham R Patlola accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Raghotham R Patlola in this video.
Dr. Raghotham R Patlola is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lafayette, LA.