Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rahim Shamsi has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 16
DR. Shamsi is a more traditional psychiatrist who does both medication prescribing/monitoring and also psychotherapy. Some Psychiatrists have you discuss issues with a separate therapist for psychotherapy. I appreciate the time he spends discussing my issues with depression in addition to managing my prescribed medication. He is a practitioner who has empathy for me as a patient. I highly recommend Doctor Shamsi.
Dr. Shansi is an amazing doctor. Takes the time to listen to you, and his office staff is amazing. You never feel like you are just another patient. He is extremely well educated. And to the review that said he never made eye contact, he is blind......but you never feel as if that's taking away from your appointment. Highly recomend this Dr.
Dr. shamsi has been treating me for the past seven years. Dr. Shamsi is exceptionally well educated and is one great doctor. It is always easy to get in touch with him and his staff, and they are very fast at returning your call ,and always always very very helpful and caring. I strongly recommend this doctor.
WHEN I FIRST WENT TO DR.SHAMSI IT WAS A LITTLE OVER A MONTH SINCE I WAS BRUTALLY REAR ENDED BY AN OFF DUTY AMBULANCE IN 2011. I DEVELOPED AN ACUTE FEAR OF DRIVING AMONG OTHER ISSUES. HE HAS BEEN A GREAT MENTOR WITH TRADITIONAL VALUES AND ALWAYS COMES TO THE PHONE IF I NEED TO TALK WITH HIM. (UNLIKE MOST PHYSICIANS) HE'S A STRAIGHT SHOOTER, VERY AMIABLE AND HAS A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR ONCE YOU GET TO KNOW HIM!..I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM!
Temple University Health System
Dr. Rahim Shamsi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsCenter For Better Living, 60 Westwood Ave Ste 310, Waterbury, CT
Dr. Rahim Shamsi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Waterbury, CT.