Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Rahima Afghan has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Rahima Afghan has the following 12 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
Showing 5 of 29
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rahima Afghan - Posted on November 10th, 2017
I had to cancel an appointment with her once because my grandson had a rash and I had to get him from school. I called the office and told them what was going on. They advise me not to bring him with me,so I had to cancel. On my new appointment Afghan yelled at me telling me all I want to do is laid around and do nothing. I told her what happened, she said she doesn’t care not her problem and if I miss another appointment she won’t see anymore. I have never had a md talk to me like that before. So I left her office crying and feeling worse then ever Can you imagine, I have severe depression and anxiety. Do not go to this munster ever!!!
I am very dissatisfied with her bed side manner.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rahima Afghan - Posted on April 19th, 2017
what a waste
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rahima Afghan - Posted on June 11th, 2016
this woman is rude, dismissive & judgemental. a very unprofessional HCP with poor bedside manners. does not listen to what people have to say. spends the entire appointment on her tablet instead of engaging her patients. would rather shove pills down peoples throat than actually listen or help. my guess is the pharmaceutical companies must be giving her some special treatment to prescribe a lot of this crap no one needs...too bad anti kickback laws don't actually work...
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rahima Afghan - Posted on June 4th, 2015
Verbally abusive psychiatrist
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rahima Afghan - Posted on May 4th, 2015
Cedars Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Rahima Afghan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health PrimeCare HMO CA
- Aetna Whole Health PrimeCare OAMC CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
More about Dr. Rahima Afghan
Dr. Afghan has been a license psychiatrist with Inland Psychiatric since 2006. She graduated from University of Kabul School of Medicine in Afghanistan and completed her residency from Cedar Sinai Medical Center. She has been in practice since 1999 and prefers to work with patients 16 years of age and above.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Rahima Afghan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Corona, CA.