Dr. Rahima Afghan Is this you?

2.0

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Rahima Afghan?

I had to cancel an appointment with her once because my grandson had a rash and I had to get him from school. I called the office and told them what was going on. They advise me not to bring him with me,so I had to cancel. On my new appointment Afghan yelled at me telling me all I want to do is laid around and do nothing. I told her what happened, she said she doesn’t care not her problem and if I miss another appointment she won’t see anymore. I have never had a md talk to me like that before. So I left her office crying and feeling worse then ever Can you imagine, I have severe depression and anxiety. Do not go to this munster ever!!!

I am very dissatisfied with her bed side manner.

Dr. Afgan is very rude

what a waste

this woman is rude, dismissive & judgemental. a very unprofessional HCP with poor bedside manners. does not listen to what people have to say. spends the entire appointment on her tablet instead of engaging her patients. would rather shove pills down peoples throat than actually listen or help. my guess is the pharmaceutical companies must be giving her some special treatment to prescribe a lot of this crap no one needs...too bad anti kickback laws don't actually work...

This doctor is a rude condescending womanwoman is the clean word! I would not recommend this Dr not even to a DOG!!!

Verbally abusive psychiatrist

Please do not leave your children alone with this woman she is extremely verbally abusive!

horrible

This woman is horrible I was shocked. First and last time with her. She went down a list of questions only and if you didn't answer them exactly pertaining to that question she would quickly and rudely lose her patients with you. I can't believe this woman is affiliated with Kaiser she needs to more so be with low income because of the way she treats you like YOUR LOW INCOME and this was only a 15 min session! On top of that she and her office stunk of cigarettes.

Just Mean

That is the best to to describe her. I can give a person a pass every once in a while for having bad days, but unless she had several months of bad days than clearly she is just mean.

Run for your life!

Someone has recommended Dr. Afghan and so I went. I doubt she even looked at me once while I sat there telling her that I have been diagnosed as bipolar type 1. She could care less and started clicking away on her iPad. I bet I could have said that I could not breath and she still would not look up. Her demeanor was condescending. She gave me a script for 600 mg of seroquil. I kept seeing her for a few months. I gained 50 lb and kept bringing up the fact that I am getting fat as a result of seroquil. But since she never looked up at me...I could have been 90 lb. HERE IS MY FAVORITE PART: I told her I had trouble sleeping to which she suggested to up my dose of seroquil from 600 mg to 800 mg. I refused by saying that 600 mg was already high enough. She answered that she had patients who are on 1200 mg and 600 mg wasn't that high. I refused to up my dose. A month went by and I came back to her deciding that maybe she is right and I should up my dose. SO I COME IN AND TELL HER THAT I WANTED TO UP MY DOSE! Guess what she says? " oh no you are already on a very high dose" I almost fell out of the chair. Are you kidding? I told her that a month ago she didn't consider 600 mg as a high dose! She looked at me like I was an idiot and kept saying that I was mistaken! Needles to say that was my last visit with her. REMEMBER it's not just the fact that she is rude and makes you feel that you somehow is an inconvenience! I probably could deal with that aspect if she was a good doctor; but you will be putting your mental health in danger. To her you are nothing but an annoyince and a number, not a human being!

Beware

I did not find her caring or helpful. It felt like a pill factory. In and out hello and goodbye. I told her what to give me and she did. She stunk like cigarettes every time that I met with her and the office smelt the same. When I mentioned her smoking she denied smoking during work hours then promptly started chewing gum. At one point she became argumentative and I asked her "how is this type of treatment helping my anxiety?" I no longer go to the Murrieta office. It is the closest Kaiser approved but driving the longer distance to the Kaiser medical offices is well worth it. This is my life and it is more important than to mess around with someone who does not care. I will never use Orange Psychiatric Medical Group again.

DO NOT SEE THIS PSYCHIATRIST!!

I came to this practitioner because I needed a refill on a triplicate medication that I have been taking for over a year with very positive results. I was not very pleased with the way I was treated by the last doctor I saw in this office, so I decided to try her. To Dr. Afghan's credit, she was dressed very professional and greeted me with a smile and handshake, very close to the time that I entered the office. However, she flatly refused to refill my medication after sitting down with me for a total of 5 minutes and hearing my diagnoses and symptoms and instead wanted to prescribe me labotomizing "mood stabilizers" after hearing me repeat that I have tried three different forms of that therapy and that they were unsuccessful, in fact, harmful to me. I was able to get a refund from the puzzled receptionist and this will be the last time I visit this office. DO NOT SEE HER.

Spent a month and a half waiting for Appt in turned away 15 mins late

I waited over a month to get my mother, a diagnosed schizophrenic, an appointment. I drove in from LA, 2 hours each way, I called to say we would be late and the person on the phone said, "Oh the Dr. is in Temecula today." I read back the address 25114 Jefferson and she said that was correct. My so I typed that into my navigation and added temecula to the address. I ended up in the wrong place, called them for the correct address. I got there 15 mins late. There was no one in the lobby and the Dr. wouldn't see my very sick mother I have traveled far to make this appt for. She said it would make the next appt late, though they were not even there yet. 15 mins late, no one waiting, after a month of us waiting for her. Thanks for the understanding for all of the mentally ill everywhere.

I brought my daughter here for follow up for depression and ADHD. She typically starts off her visit by turning her back to you and inputting something (I don't know what....assessments that clearly are not actually done?) into her ipad for about 5 minutes. She asked about 3 questions, told me that her screening for depression is simply asking my daughter if she is depressed, and then refills medications. When my daughter had a poor response to the medication, she told us she was going on vacation, stop the medication, and go to the hospital if there were further problems. Each visit was probably 5 - 10 minutes long, and never involved actually asking questions or assessing my daughter for anything. If I could give a lower rating than one star, I would. Thumbs firmly down!