Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rahman R Pourmand has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Muscule Diseases
- Migraine Disorder
Showing 5 of 26
I wrote a review on Sept. 17. I had a wonderful experience my first visit and still have only great things to say about Dr. Pourmand for my second visit. I read some of the past reviews for Dr. Pourmand. Did these people see the same Dr. I did? If you are looking for a professional, caring and knowledgeable doctor please see Dr. Pourmand.
I found Dr. Pourmand to be very professional and compassionate. He listened to what was bothering me, asked questions and made me feel very comfortable. Explained a course of treatment and ordered MRI. Went to him feeling nervous and concerned , left feeling reassured. Great experience for a first visit!!!
I went to see Dr. Pourmand yesterday for the first and last time and was blown away with his unprofessional demeanor. He was insulting and showed absolutely no empathy for the crippling pain I have in my legs. He said he doesn't know what I can do for it and asked me what do I want him to do? He asked me nosy questions that have absolutely nothing to do with my visit. When I asked about medication and it's possible effects with other medications I am taking, he said he didn't know!!! This quack should not be practicing medicine!! If I could submit this with "no stars" I would. He doesn't even deserve the one star that I can't delete!!!
Dr. Pourmand is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center
Dr. Rahman R Pourmand accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsStony Brook Anes Ufpc, 179 N Belle Mead Ave Ste 3, East Setauket, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rahman R Pourmand in this video.
Dr. Rahman R Pourmand is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Setauket, NY.