Dr. Rahman Pourmand Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Rahman Pourmand?

Posted on April 22nd, 2016

very kind demeanor and thorough in his examination

Posted on November 2nd, 2015

I wrote a review on Sept. 17. I had a wonderful experience my first visit and still have only great things to say about Dr. Pourmand for my second visit. I read some of the past reviews for Dr. Pourmand. Did these people see the same Dr. I did? If you are looking for a professional, caring and knowledgeable doctor please see Dr. Pourmand.

Posted on September 18th, 2015

I found Dr. Pourmand to be very professional and compassionate. He listened to what was bothering me, asked questions and made me feel very comfortable. Explained a course of treatment and ordered MRI. Went to him feeling nervous and concerned , left feeling reassured. Great experience for a first visit!!!

Posted on September 15th, 2015

I am very pleased with the care I am receiving from Dr. Pourmand. He is both knowledgeable and professional. His office staff is wonderful and I would highly recommend him for your neurological needs .

Robin

Posted on January 7th, 2014

I went to see Dr. Pourmand yesterday for the first and last time and was blown away with his unprofessional demeanor. He was insulting and showed absolutely no empathy for the crippling pain I have in my legs. He said he doesn't know what I can do for it and asked me what do I want him to do? He asked me nosy questions that have absolutely nothing to do with my visit. When I asked about medication and it's possible effects with other medications I am taking, he said he didn't know!!! This quack should not be practicing medicine!! If I could submit this with "no stars" I would. He doesn't even deserve the one star that I can't delete!!!

Very Professional and prompt.

Posted on May 30th, 2013

I found the Doctor to be very professional. He is perplexed at my condition and has ordered tests to see what is up. At no time did I feel insignificant or uncomfortable.

Worst Experience With A Dr Ever

Posted on August 29th, 2011

After waiting over an hour to see the Dr, I was in the exam room for 5 min, he glanced at my MRI report, said it is what it is, said I am not getting better, and that I should try a medication it might help, might not. No bedside manner whatsoever. I took my report, left the office, and sat in my car crying for half an hour. I will not even consider another Dr. working out of Stonybrook because of this experience.

Posted on April 18th, 2011

would have like to have spent time with the doctor instead of his resident. Doctor Pourmand needs to learn how to listen to the patient.

Posted on March 24th, 2011

Dr. Pourmand is professional, caring and spends as much tine as necessary answering patient questions.

Posted on March 21st, 2011

Never examined me himself. Relied on findings of intern or resident. I have a rare and disabling disease that even experienced neurologists are not knowledgeable re: examination, diagnosis, treatment .

Posted on August 23rd, 2010

This was my second appt w/the Dr. I had been there about 3 yrs earlier for a EMG to see about carpal tunnel. Came back this time since my hands were almost always numb and tingly. Also my balance was off. I also have spondylitis and fibromyalgia. But I wanted to make sure all was well neurologically. I was examined by one of his students, then he comes in and basically says to me " what do you want. You have seen every Dr in this place. You had an MRI of your brain (MY eye dr made me go to check on my pituatary gland) and there is nothing there. There is nothing wrong with you. He just stood in the doorway basically. He was so rude and so imcompetent, he sh ould not be allowed to practice medicine or do it in the background where he does not see patients. He didnot even have me finish filling out the paperwork, like I was totally insignificant. I did make an appt for the first part of an EMG w.him but did not go. I am in the process of complaining to the head of Neurology, I will not let this go.

Posted on July 31st, 2017