Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rahul Vaidya has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Pelvic Pain
- Spinal Disorders
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Wounds and Injuries
- Knee Surgery
- Cerebral Palsy
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Vertebroplasty (Kyphoplasty)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
I had a fusion by a surgeon at Providence that failed, because I am so young 5+ doctors wouldn't touch my back. I saw Dr. Vaidya and from the first time I met him I knew he'd be the one to help me. He never questioned me or doubted my symptoms like the other doctors did and was very thorough. We decided to have a revision that would require him and a trauma surgeon doing 2 separate surgeries on me and an 8 day stay at the hospital. His team is awesome and he is a gifted surgeon that literally saved me from becoming paralyzed. He always checked up on me and I am beyond thankful that he is the reason why I'm not 22 and in a wheelchair. He isn't in it for the money, he actually cares.
He did a discectomy on me and i was ok for a while then the pain came back almost as HORRIBLE as before the surgery and he told me to "walk it off" at the gym. He sees patients as mortgage payments. I have heard from other Drs that he is good in teaching or showing, but not good in executing. NIGHTMARE. and DMC hospital sucks in general. You want back surgery stay OUTTA the hood!!
Dr. Vaidya is a doctor with compassion and principles. I was in a situation quite dire,as until meeting him, I could not find a surgeon who was willing to step in and remove fusion pedicles which were causing great harm. My concerns were dismissed by the surgeon who attempted the fusion, and my search for another specialist to help me gained nothing but sympathetic refusals to get involved. Dr. Vaidya is more concerned with raising the quality of a patient's life than he is with professional politics. His knowledge, skill, and heart, make him one in a million! Yes, you will wait longer perhaps, but it is only because he truly wants to help as many people possible in any given day. And NO, his office is not fancy, or adorned with sports memorabilia, but the staff is courteous and kind, MUCH more important in my book.
Mcgill University Health Centre
Dr. Rahul Vaidya accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDMC Detroit Receiving Hospital - University Health Center, 4201 Saint Antoine St, Detroit, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rahul Vaidya in this video.
Dr. Rahul Vaidya is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Detroit, MI.