Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Raisa S Mitelman
Dr. Raisa S Mitelman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. She has 36 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Mitelman is affiliated with Middlesex Hospital and North Shore Lij Lenox Hill Hospital. Dr. Mitelman has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Raisa S Mitelman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I've been visiting the doctor Raisa Mitelman for more than 6 months. I am not satisfied with her attitude to patients. She always looks very nervous, never smiles, never remembers my name and my problem. Every time she looks at me, as if she sees me the first time in her life. She is concerned only about the number of patients, not the quality itself. She has no time to go through my tests, my file. She has only 1 minute to talk with you. That's it. It is not even enough to describe your problem. To be honest she has not helped me at all. I feel worse and worse. The pain bothering me for many months has not gone. I am going to change the doctor. Moreover, my wait at the office is more or less than 1 hour. Please be prepared...
Dr. Mitelman and her incompetent, unintelligent staff, cannot cope with the ordinary demands that patients have.They refuse to give a copy of the office notes; they didn't even know or admit to knowing that it is our right to have a copy. They behave weirdly and speak to each other in Russian in front of the patients. A very unprofessional office.The waiting room is truly ridiculous: during your long wait, the doctor goes back and forth through the cramped room, and you need to draw your legs in every time she passes. Find another doctor!
Dr. Mitelman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Saint Petersburg State University
Graduated in 1982
Lenox Hill Hospital
Dr. Raisa S Mitelman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDewitt Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 211 E 79th St, New York, NY
Dr. Raisa S Mitelman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.