Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Raisa O Platte has the following 2 specialties
- Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Raisa O Platte has the following 14 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Raisa O Platte has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Raisa O Platte is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
I would NEVER see this doctor again. The only thing I really remember from my app't was her saying, "You will live in pain for the rest of your life." She scheduled a surgery, then postponed it a week before. She promised to call me. I wait by the phone all day. She never did. Liar! Then the day before my pre-op her staff called to say she quit! It was Christmas time and we were scrambling to find a replacement surgeon, who I met less than 12 hours before my surgery. It was hirrible and traumatic, and she made it that way by not caring a bit about her patient's welfare. Thank Dr. Platte for helping ensure my therapist makes a lot off me for the PTSD you so deftly contributed to. Beware of this doctor and the hospital she now works at. Beware! They don't care about you.
This Doctor left ALL her patients high and dry, just quit!! So much for her statement of "caring for women", a lot of us have had to put our lives on hold now until a new doctor is found and surgery can be rescheduled again. The Hipocratic oath obviously didnt resonate with her morals. Her patients have made choices in their lives to accomadate her surgery schedule such as jobs, vacations, finding extra help needed in the home during recovery, and now the new year will start and ALL deductibles and co pays will need to be met again. For some this is now going to be a financial burden.
I had some complications after surgery. Dr. Platte accommodated my need to schedule a first time appointment for her particular skills after the surgery. She reviewed my history in depth - very impressive. Her approach mirrored mine: wait to see if it heals, not additional surgery. She creatively attempted a lab test to evaluate my condition. Her doctor-patient manner is excellent. One staff member was offended by my anger at my condition at my first appointment, for which I apologized.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsGrand Rapids Women's Health PC, 555 Midtowne St NE Ste 400, Grand Rapids, MI
Dr. Raisa O Platte is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.