Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Raj U Dugel has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Raj U Dugel has the following 9 expertise
- Macular Degeneration
- Eye Pain
- Lasik Surgery
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Eye Exam
- Vision Issues
Dr. Raj U Dugel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
Doctor Dugel is professional, kind and extremely knowledgable For my urgent eye care needs, I was shown respect and understanding as a new patient. The friendly office staff fit me into the busy schedule the same day (as well as a follow up visit) and I appreciate all of their efforts to support me. I would highly recommend Dr. Dugel.
Dr Dugel is highly knowledgeable and proficient in the latest cataract surgery techniques. He performed two surgeries after consultation where he discussed all options available and offered his recommendation as to the optimal procedure. His office was very accommodating regarding the surgery schedules and follow up care. His hospital staff was very efficient (called to confirm appointments prior to surgery and with other pre-op paperwork). Hospital procedure was seamless and caring.
About 8 years ago, I saw Dr. Dugel for eye problems. He completely misdiagnosed my issue, and I have been going blind with glaucoma. He even admitted he failed in his diagnosis. The progression has steadily increased, in spite of all the expensive medications I have used, to now I only see gray. I have been devastated. Be very, very careful if you decide to see him as a patient. He destroyed my life!
37 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1981
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. Raj U Dugel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRaj U Dugel Md And Associates Inc, 4825 Torrance Blvd Ste 100, Torrance, CA
Dr. Raj U Dugel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Torrance, CA.