2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Rajdeep S Kakar?

He is fine in the first appointment, then you never see him again, instead you get to see "medical assistants" while you and your insurance pay doctors rates. He remains unreachable; you can't leave him a voice message or an email. You have to deal with his incompetent office staff, who from the office manager on down will promise you anything but deliver nothing. I have been trying to get my sleep med prescription refilled for weeks and they always find some way to screw it up, including using the name brand instead of the generic, using the name of a medical assistant that has been gone from the practice for over a month as the prescriber, and providing no refills, even though the single refill will be over before my next scheduled appointment. Stay away from this doctor. I am activiely looking for another apnea doctor.

Terrible service

Terrible service and noncaring attitudes

I would like to tell you about my experience with this office. When I called in to make my initial appointment for a sleep study for Sleep Apnea, I asked the girl that answered the phone to to call my insurance company and make sure that my insurance covered 100%, otherwise I would not make the appointment at this time. After a few days I received a call telling me that my insurance covered 100%. So, I made an appointment. I received a letter from my insurance company the next week stating that they approved a home sleep study. I called this office and told the person that answered the phone that I had received the letter and I wanted to make sure again that it was covered at 100% and was told again that it was. When I went in for my appointment I was seen by Angela, the PA. She said that I would take the unit home for 2 nights and bring it back and they would analyze the results. The assistant then brought me a clipboard with a letter stating that if I do not return the unit then I would be charged $1500. I understand that. There was also a "Credit Card Authorization" form. The form just stated that I authorize you to charge my card $1500. It didn't state "if I do not return the unit". This seemed wrong to me to sign something giving them permission to charge my card $1500 but didn't specify"only if unit is not returned. I wrote that on the form myself. Then she informed me that there is a $215 deductible. I told her that I had been told two times that there would be no deductible. (I wanted to make sure, because I would have made the appointment at the appointment at a later date when I had it to pay).She said that there is nothing that she could do. I asked to talk to the office manager, Kristina. The assistant told me that she was on the phone but she would be with me soon. I sat in the waiting room for 20 minutes waiting. I then wrote my name and number on a note and asked that she call me. She did call later that day and after I explained the situation she said that she could see on the notes that Jory had told me that it was covered at 100% and was going to talk to her and also talk to the doctor about "helping me out with the deductible" and would call me back. That was Monday afternoon. I didn't hear from her Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday. I called at 4:45 Thursday afternoon and spoke with Kristina. She told me that she had spoke with the doctor and that he was going to talk to the office manager at another location and get back with her and that she "forgot". She asked if I could hold for a minute. After holding for 15 minutes I heard someone pickup the phone and they sent me to voicemail. I hung up and called back and couldn't get anyone to answer. I even tried to press the button that was for Doctors. I was sure that I would receive a call back from Kristina because we were having a conversation and I was sure that she hadn't forgotten about me. I never received a call back. Now, I know that sounds unbelievable. The whole situation is very unbelievable to me. I wouldn't think that I would be treated this way by a professional business. I need to do the sleep study for my health. I called at 11:00am the next day. I spoke with Kristina. She didn't apologize for not calling me back. She said that she was trying to talk to the doctor. She didn't give me an explanation why she didn't call me back or why I was sent to voicemail. She then said that I would have to pay the deductible and there was nothing that they could do about it. Well, I don't think that I need to say any more about this Doctor's office. All you need to do is read the above and make your own decision to spend your hard earned money there.

This guy is a quack. Do not go to him.

Great Doctor

Dr. Kakar takes his time with patients. He is a great doctor and very knowledgable.

Dr. Rajdeep S Kakar is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Plano, TX.